No spark

I read alot of the things sugested and final got spark to the plugs and she fired rightup ,,,blew out the rats nest from the muffler and runs great,,i rode her around the block a couple of times and let run for 20 to 30 min. What a bike,,,,i might just keep her now,,,but the price has gone up if i do sale this one,,,,

thanks for all of everyones help and advise
Bike is now running despite the low compression on the leftside,After setting for 11 yrs in a garage and the motor stuck, change the oil and plug wires,condensor put in a new battery rebuilt and cleaned both petcocks, removed the rightside carb bowl, it was clean compaired to some I have seen, person I bought from might have cleaned them,set the points put the gas tank back on added some gas with a little starting fluid and after spitting and sputtering fired up, blewout mouse nest and rust from the exhaust,vibrated and showed all the signs of setting for years.

After letting her run for about 20 or 30 mins, adjusted the idle she was running pretty normal for this model,,I put the seat on and road around the block not once but twice
There is a oil leak from the bottm of the engine I will look at this Monday, The bike shows no sign of smoke from the tail pipe, Rear brakes works just fine no front brake yet. Had to cleanout all the crystalized residue and have not added new fluid yet,tires and good speedo and tach working fine,,

So this is the up to date info on this bike. I will sell if someone wants it, and will try to make a honest buck in the process, But I don't lie.

This is the truith and the whole truith

Have you rechecked the compression since the run? You never know, it might have come up.
Let me ask---- if you flip bikes for an income, how did this one compare to other makes and models that you've come across in similar shape to get running?

If you ride it around like it was a brand new bike, do the break in procedure, you might find the compression comes up to normal after a few hundred miles.
It has for many others.
The oil leak is probably the clutch pushrod seal. It's under the left side engine cover. The cover is a dry cover, no oil behind it. Pull the cover., watch for the 5/16 inch ball that will fall out of the clutch worm. The seal is just above and infront of the front sprocket.
There is a bushing behind the seal that gets worn and needs replacement too. A worn bushing puts more stress on the seal, leading to seal failure. Mike's XS has a how to on the seal and bushing on the site.
Leo

If you ride it around like it was a brand new bike, do the break in procedure, you might find the compression comes up to normal after a few hundred miles.
It has for many others.
The oil leak is probably the clutch pushrod seal. It's under the left side engine cover. The cover is a dry cover, no oil behind it. Pull the cover., watch for the 5/16 inch ball that will fall out of the clutch worm. The seal is just above and infront of the front sprocket.
There is a bushing behind the seal that gets worn and needs replacement too. A worn bushing puts more stress on the seal, leading to seal failure. Mike's XS has a how to on the seal and bushing on the site.
Leo

Thanks I will check that,,It looks like that is where it is coming from. check it out tomorrow:thumbsup:

Back