Non H-D Biker Movies on?

Well, you could check out "I bought a Vampire Motorcycle", all about a Norton Commando that has a devilishly red headlight and drinks blood instead of gasoline. But on the other hand, you did say "good", so that pretty leaves this out.

Neat bike, though......at least until the handlebars turn into giant horns....oh, yeah!

Did I mention that it is British? (Naturally...)

The Motorcycle Diaries, based on the book by Che Guevara. The bike is a used-up Norton named "The Mighty One." I haven't seen it but I'd bet it's more interesting than most.

^The pilot movie to Then Came Bronson used to be on youtube, but not anymore. It's was pretty good. A lot of the episodes were there too.

Most bike movies are like Sorority Sisters Gone Wild, but the ones I suggested are like Marlena Dietrich in some movie actually about something. Sexier in fact, to an old man like me at least ;)

Since you pidgeon-holed us into "GOOD" I'd say some documentaries are in order. That would be, of course,
On Any Sunday (Bruce Brown's Legendary work):thumbsup:

FAST (Grand Prix):bike:
FASTER (Grand Prix):bike:
The Tornado, The Doctor, and the Kentucky Kid. (Grand Prix):thumbsup:
Although the last 3 are racing documentaries, they are spectacular to watch, especially the sliding around on the big 4 strokes in the last one.
There is also Viva Knievel, which is a bit cheesy, and a Documentary on the real man that includes his most famous jumps.:eek:

Nobody mentioned The Great Escape, which was not specific to bikes, but has Steve McQueen, who is also prominent in On Any Sunday, and Racer/Stuntman Bud Aikens' jump over the fence to escape the Germans is iconic.

Also from the "B" reel, check out C.C. Rider. Joe Namath trying to go racing, yet riding with a "club".:rock:

Oh yea, racing started a lot of "clubs", and post race partying turned into no race, all party.:wtf:

Last edited:
I like to watch the cheesy ones.

You know, the ones where the guy is clearly riding a 2-stroke dirt bike and the sound track is all Harley. I laugh until I darn near wet myself every time I see that, and it's in darn near every B biker movie ever made.

Mad Max is somewhat of a bike movie, the bad guys are a bike gang...
kawa20114338fg.7956.jpg

Plus Goose rides a kz1000,
GooseApproach.jpg

You might take a look at Hell Ride. It is an homage to the 70's era biker movies, and it is full of nekkid ladies, violence, and profanity. It also has some Indians and what I believe are some custom bikes. It is a bad movie, but it just kind of clicked with me. If you want a properly good movie, give Girl on a Motorcycle a chance.

I was going to say Mad Max and the wild ones too.Any giving sunday has all types of bikes though Steve McQueen is traveling with a Harley racer.There are not many good movies with out Harleys because a used harley was cheaper then a Triumph or Honda.Now all the cool guy riding and wrenching those bikes then gave the mystique we have today.I like HD,A old stock Harley looks and sounds really cool.For me you have to do a lot of changes to a jap bike to make it cool.

I just watched a good one. Canadian independent film called One Week. It's on Netflix. A young guy finds out he has stage 4 cancer and decides to live before he dies. He buys a Norton 850 Commando and takes off from Toronto to the Pacific Coast. The shots of the Canadian Rockies are stunning. Good story too.

Back