Nutrition health and Weight loss

I started following Wallach over 20 years ago. Have many of his books and tapes. Massive numbers of testimonials. Include me in that list. Far too involved to explain it all in here...

Ok, great. Thanx for your perspective.
I love snake oils. Sometimes need a bucket of water splashed in my face.

Also, to monitor progress, was considering getting some Keto test strips.

http://bestreviews.com/best-ketone-test-strips

Since you're diabetic, can I assume that you're using some sort of blood glucose test?
And, would your test indicate ketosis?

yes thats an excellent idea. :thumbsup:i use a multi test strip which includes ketones and gives a comprehensive overview of my general health
https://www.simplexhealth.co.uk/8-parameter-urine-dip-test-100-test-strips-urs8sg-p-345.html

Also a blood glucose monitor would be very informative. With it you can monitor your overnight fasting blood glucose levels and see how well your keto diet is working to reduce your blood sugar levels and insulin secretion . I always test my blood glucose every morning on waking before I eat anything that way I can catch any upward trends if I have eaten any carbs

It can also be helpful in testing which particular carbohydrates cause the highest Insulin spikes and can be avoided

Last edited:
I started following Wallach over 20 years ago. Have many of his books and tapes. Massive numbers of testimonials. Include me in that list. Far too involved to explain it all in here...

I'll have to reacquaint myself with Wallach ...another book to download to the kindle :rolleyes:

Oh, yeah, *warning*, it's a really deep black hole.
Like an Italian movie, it's somewhat confusing unless you've followed from the beginning.

His original presentation from back in the '90s (audio only).

He discusses arthritis at about 23 minutes in...

Last edited:
Here's a very simple but filling Keto meal that can be thrown together in less than 5 minutes .
Its cheap and chock a block full of highly nutritious ingredients too.

An omelette is one of those meals that can be eaten at any time of the day from breakfast to an evening meal.
I put mushrooms and cheese in mine last night and ate it with some tomatoes and mayonnaise but there are lots of things you can put with an omelette to ring the changes.

The secret to cooking a good omelette is to cook it very slowly over a low gas until its cooked right through .Placing a cover over the pan helps cook the top of the omelette more quickly.

EGG FACTS
Eggs are a complete source of Protein and contain all 9 of the essential amino acids that the body cannot make itself. It also is a rich source of selenium, vitamins A, D, E and K , B2, B6, B12 lecithin and minerals such as zinc, iron and copper.
CHEESE FACTS (cheddar cheese )
Derived from milk contains Saturated fat Cholesterol Magnesium Sodium, Potassium, Calcium, Iron, Vitamin A, C, B6 ,D
omlette.JPG

Mmmmmm, I like omelettes. Never made one, going to have to try that. I like the idea of folding-in varieties of goodies in there.

This morning, groggy, serious brain fog, mild headache, body aches. More Keto flu. Something must be happening tho'.

Weight down to 191 lbs.
The lymphedema in my left leg is reduced. I'll have to watch this, could be a welcome coincidence.

Thanx for the tip about Stevia. Found some locally. Of the various artificial sweeteners that I've tried, this one really satisfies my palate.
20190927_KetoDiet01.jpg

Also found some Keto products locally.
20190927_KetoDiet02.jpg 20190927_KetoDiet03.jpg

According to the labeling, the "Meal Shake" and snacks contain MCT oil...

I have a serious addiction to Starbucks Mocha. It's the bane of my existence. Probably one of the most detrimental to my diet.
20190927_KetoDiet04.jpg

Checking the product label, OMG, 47 grams carbs!
20190927_KetoDiet05.jpg

So, I've been experimenting with making a 0 carb, high-fat, substitute.
20190927_KetoDiet06.jpg

Almost there, still adjusting the ingredients...

Speaking of eggs, today's brunch was a Southwest favorite,

Huevos Rancheros and bacon, with mild Pace Picante Sauce.
20190927_KetoDiet07.jpg

Had to montage the Pace ingredient label, too big for a single pic.
20190927_KetoDiet08.jpg

Shows 2 grams carbs. I think that's ok...

Looks like you are reallygetting into this keto diet and seeing some benefits already.
THat coffee looks delicious, I really enjoy cream in mine.

I see that food manufacturers are already jumping on the keto low carb diet popularity. We don, t see much of that here yet.
That bottle of moccha contains a whopping great 45g of sugar ! No wonder more than half the US and UK has Diabetes and Metabolic syndrome

Keto flu is a bit unpleasant particularly the fatigue and headaches. Headaches are frequently due to dehydration and toxins from constipation so make sure you keep well hydrated..IIf you don't care for water then milk is an excellent hydrate The fatigue is the result of removing glucose from your diet so your body doesn't have a quick energy replacement yet until your body switches to fat burning.Yburning.You should start feeling a lot better in the coming week

Thanx, peanut. Will do on the hydration. Looking forward to getting past this Keto flu.

Articles I've read talk about it taking as long as 2-3 months to get into natural ketosis. Then they say that taking the Keto supplements will kickstart you into ketosis in 1-2 weeks. I need to find those Keto-sticks...

... you need to replce lost electrolytes.

Hey, madmax, thanx for the input.
Hope you're enjoying the rally weekend.

All that sweating this summer probably aggravated the electrolyte loss.
Researching that now.

Mineral supplements, salt, copper wire, battery acid, solar cells... :D

Thanx, peanut. Will do on the hydration. Looking forward to getting past this Keto flu.

Articles I've read talk about it taking as long as 2-3 months to get into natural ketosis. Then they say that taking the Keto supplements will kickstart you into ketosis in 1-2 weeks. I need to find those Keto-sticks...

if it took 3x months for the body to go into ketosis we would be seriously sick . there is a lot of unsubstantiated nonsense written about this process and its difficult to work out truth from fiction most of the time. Always best to stick to sources that provide links to proven scientific research and random control trials etc .

If we drastically reduce our carbohydrate intake our bodies have no other option but to start breaking down stored fat to turn into glucose for energy that is ketosis. This process can start in as little as a week or even days and it isn't a sudden on and off switch but a constantly varying process according to the bodies energy needs and what we eat. Our bodies are perfectly capable of achieving this without any assistance from the food industry who caused this problem in the first place. Humans have evolved over millions of years to burn body fat for energy . Its a natural process that all of us can do to some degree every day of our lives

Every single cell in our bodies requires glucose continuously in order to function. If we do not eat sugar or carbohydrates that can be turned into sugar then once the bodies glucose reserves in the liver, blood and muscle have been used up the body will immediately start breaking down stored fat and converting it into glucose. Slowly at first ...hence the fatigue .

You are doing really well and have lost a staggering amount of weight which you must be really pleased with but I am a little concerned at how you are turning to manufactured processed concoctions instead of real food that contain no harmful ingredients .All the so called vitamin and mineral supplements supposedly contained in that sauce are artificially derived by manufacturing processes and to be frank are unsubstantiated. By eating 2x boiled eggs we are guaranteed to be consuming scientifically substantiated naturally occurring vitamins and minerals which have infinitely more value than anything in a bottle, can ,carton,or box.

As long as you eat lots of real food like meat and fish and eggs cheese and milk and green leaf vegetables you will be getting most if not all the essential vitamins and minerals that we need to be healthy.

Sorry to sound so dogmatic about this but we have decades of being told by Governments and health professionals and nutritionists to eat unhealthy foods and its not easy to suddenly reverse all that conditioning.
if that isn't bad enough we are now having to cope with thousands of diets and harmful quack products proported to improve our health and lose weight . Everyone including Health professionals are jumping on the current bandwaggon in order to make money .

Last edited:
Yes, it's maddening, and exhausting.
Separating the wheat from the chaff.

Every day I have to deal with a flood of spams, scams, spoofs, artificial, counterfeit, cons, illogic, ...etc.

I kinda view this like prospecting.
100 people can return from a field and announce that there's no gold out there.
Then, 1 guy can return with gold nuggets.

What follows is an endless parade of publications arguing one way or the other.

That's why I sometimes have to experiment and figure this stuff out for myself.
Call it gullible, ....... and a love of snake oils.

Concerning nutrition, the basis of Wallach's work goes back to a 1936 Senate doc, attached.

Speaking of eggs, I've long been following the food industry's trends for higher production and more sales, at reduced costs, to the detriment of the consumer. This may interest you.

https://www.motherearthnews.com/real-food/free-range-eggs-zmaz07onzgoe

Attachments

• united-states-senate-document-264.pdf
    47.6 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Finally got some Keto test strips.
KetoneTest01.jpg

I marked up the pic with the mmol/Dl conversion.
My tests are showing about 4-5 mmol/Dl.

According to this chart, I'm well into ketosis.
KetoneTest02.jpg

Still feeling the Keto flu blahs, but getting better...

I went to the VYR and i figured i would be out of ketosis the whole weekend..one thing led to another such that i never ate any lunches for 4 days...But my breakfasts and suppers had plenty of carbs in the form of Corn/hominy aka Grits at breakfast and a huge bisquit..and dinners with sweet potatoes and other carb related foods...i thought for sure I would have gained at least 5 lbs...it turns out that I still have lost weight...like 4 lbs in 4 days..I am now 140lbs...less than 10 lbs difference between me and my brother who has always been skinny..There used to be a 70 lb difference between us...

Last edited:
.i thought for sure I would have gained at least 5 lbs...it turns out that I still have lost weight...like 4 lbs in 4 days...

yeah ....just wait until Friday morning you'll wake up a 300lbs blob and won't be able to get out of bed :D
fat.jpg

Well done on the weight loss...:thumbsup: although it will fluctuate from day to day week to week but thats ok because you can see the relationship between carbs and weight gain now

I find it takes several days of sustained carb eating before I put on a few pounds around a week later .As long as we drop the carbs again after a short carb binge our bodyweight should stay on track

Just something for everyone to keep in mind when weighing. A decent pee and poop can weigh as much as 3lbs ! :laugh2:
so if you go without 1x pee every day you'll lose 365 lbs in a year lol:laugh2:

Last edited:
Finally got some Keto test strips.
View attachment 150908

I marked up the pic with the mmol/Dl conversion.
My tests are showing about 4-5 mmol/Dl.

According to this chart, I'm well into ketosis.
View attachment 150909

Still feeling the Keto flu blahs, but getting better...

there you go ! Well done :) see it doesn't take long when you eliminate all carbs from your diet . The best nutrition advice on Keto diets I have read suggests that after about 14 days its safe to reintroduce a small amount of carbs to supplement the diet like low sugar fruit and above ground vegetables etc without negatively impacting keto status .

A useful test aside from the keto test strips is to use blood glucose test strips. As long as your blood sugar stays within the Diabetes guidelines we can adjust the carbohydrate portion of our diet until we can keep in ketosis . ;)

Back