Nutrition health and Weight loss

yeah ....just wait until Friday morning you'll wake up a 300lbs blob and won't be able to get out of bed :D View attachment 150917

Well done on the weight loss...:thumbsup: although it will fluctuate from day to day week to week but thats ok because you can see the relationship between carbs and weight gain now

I find it takes several days of sustained carb eating before I put on a few pounds around a week later .As long as we drop the carbs again after a short carb binge our bodyweight should stay on track

Just something for everyone to keep in mind when weighing. A decent pee and poop can weigh as much as 3lbs ! :laugh2::laugh2:
so if you go without 1x pee every day you'll lose 365 lbs in a year lol
Nooooooooooooo!!!:eek: :p:laugh2:

Weight down to 191 lbs.
The lymphedema in my left leg is reduced. I'll have to watch this, could be a welcome coincidence.

You might find Ivor cummins latest podcast interesting.

The first comment after his video the poster comments that he thought that Dairy aggravated his Lymphodema I should have thought it more likly to be carbohydrates and sugar . I'd be interested to hear if you notice any other changes in your condition whilst you are on a Keto diet 2M

Yeah, that's helpful. I had been told to avoid cream, dunno why, but your post got me to search on dairy and lymphedema. Sure 'nuff, Dairy is on the "avoid" list.

More studying and pondering...

Crikey these weight loss numbers..my progression is addicting..i cant stop losing weight...I have broken into the 130#s class...this a.m. I weighed in @ 139..8 ..I havent been in the 130s' since the late 1980s' When I was in college I weighed 128# and had less than 1% body fat confirmed by my Physiology of exercise coursework ...I doubt i want to go that far..because i was way too skinny @128#.
I need new motorcycle gear..Pants and jackets because what I have is too loose to fit correctly anymore..but i have to stabilize my weight before i buy anything new...

Last edited:
Crikey these weight loss numbers..my progression is addicting..i cant stop losing weight...I have broken into the 130#s class...this a.m. I weighed in @ 139..8 ..I havent been in the 130s' since the late 1980s' When I was in college I weighed 128# and had less the 1% body fat confirmed by my Physiology of exercise coursework ...I doubt i want to go that far..because i was way too skinny @128#.
I need new motorcycle gear..Pants and jackets because what I have is too loose to fit correctly anymore..but i have to stabilize my weight before i buy anything new...

thats a fantastic achievement max ...inspirational ...well done . Could you remind us what your starting weight was and how long you have been on the keto diet ?

What would you say are the major benefits that you've seen in your health ? I think the health improvements you've seen will be a powerful inspiration to the rest of us starting out on this journey.:)

In Jan 2018..my Dr informed me that my blood sugar #s were too high and that I was pre stage T2 Diabetic..My beginningng weight was 205 lbs on my 5'9" frame.
She put me on Metformin..after just 1 week...I threw the remainder down the toilet. It made me so sick I couldnt eat anything plus a host of other symptoms...I was determined to do this myself without drugs.It took me until March of 2018 before I learned of the Ketogenic diet..Prior to this I had been just cutting back portion size and limiting my fast food habits..but still consuming lots of carbohydrates.
March 2018 saw me begin in earnest on the Ketogenic diet..

My 1st order of business was to clean out my cupboard and pantry..I either threw stuff away or I gave it to my brother.. Then I started reading labels on foods...20 g limitation daily..cut out all sugars...so it has been 19 months from 205# to my current weight @140#. It took me a good 2 weeks to get my carbs down to the20g level and enter ketosis initially...
The 1st real month in Ketosis saw me lose 20 lbs..right out the gate..I was amazed...i couldnt believe it..never have I succeeded in dieting before..I watched as ketosis just literally burned the pounds off of me..Every pound off only motivated me further.

So it has been 19 months since I began this journey but in essence i had already reached my goal weight of 155lbs in about 12 months...the past 7 months my loss has slowed down because i have added some carbs back into my diet...but I continue to shed the pounds.
I am just 12 lbs away from what I weighed in college over 40 yrs ago @ 128# and a lean mean running machine that I was at that time..

I feel great..my energy levels are normal where as before they weren't. I was sleeping alot during the day..that too has abated...
Before..I couldnt stand for more than 2 mins my low back would become heavier the longer i tried to stand...That is gone too.. Now I can stand for hours with only mild soreness in my lower back.

This is really easy to do..i know because I have done it..If I can do it anyone can...meaning YOU!!!

..It is my pleasure to share this with you all... Good luck and a little determination and you will succeed...That is my sincere wish for all that care to improve upon their health and well being...
Footnote..I have accomplished this with MINIMAL EXERCISE since i have alot of arthritis ..any extreme exercise does more harm than good IMO...

Last edited:
thank you for putting that record together max . I think this is such a remarkable weightloss and keto story that I have added it to the first post in this thread to show readers what can be achieved through a Ketogenic diet ,I hope that you don't mind ?

thank you for putting that record together max . I think this is such a remarkable weightloss and keto story that I have added it to the first post in this thread to show readers what can be achieved through a Ketogenic diet ,I hope that you don't mind ?
Dont mind at all..I am honored..
My inspiration comes from a deaf man i know in California he was in much more dire condition than me..his starting weight was 325# and he has lost..at least 140# on the ketogenic diet. that was a few months back i heard he has since lost another 10# such a motivation and inspiration for me personally.. his transformation is nothing short of amazing...Ok Let you all ponder that...

Last edited:
Slow going for me, dropped to 189lbs. Started at 215lbs in Jan.

According to the BMI (Body Mass Index) calculators, I've officially transitioned from

"Blissfully obese" to "happily overweight".

Can't get up, I'm pinned by my Keto flu support group.
There's 5 clumped on my lap down there.
20190930_KetoSupportGroup.jpg

The lymphedema in my left leg was at its worse about a dozen years ago. Circumference of my left calf was at a high of 29". After treatments, got it down to about 20", where it has generally remained. Yesterday's measurement came out to 16". Right leg's calf is 13" circumference. Pants fit much better, getting looser.

My legs and feet can feel the difference, less weight on them...

Slow going for me, dropped to 189lbs. Started at 215lbs in Jan.

According to the BMI (Body Mass Index) calculators, I've officially transitioned from

"Blissfully obese" to "happily overweight".

Can't get up, I'm pinned by my Keto flu support group.
There's 5 clumped on my lap down there.
View attachment 151078

The lymphedema in my left leg was at its worse about a dozen years ago. Circumference of my left calf was at a high of 29". After treatments, got it down to about 20", where it has generally remained. Yesterday's measurement came out to 16". Right leg's calf is 13" circumference. Pants fit much better, getting looser.

My legs and feet can feel the difference, less weight on them...
When I had the keto flu i used this recipe and it worked...The girl is stupid though..LOL She states that limes are unripened lemons.. The guy holds up a Lime and says its a lemon..stupid southerners...LOL DUH...NOT... Hope this helps...Oh and skip the Essential oil its worthless in this recipe...

Last edited:
My support group have been asleep all day.....tthey only work at night time

Thats an impressive weight loss 2M. 26lbs more important perhaps is the changes to your general health and your Lymphedemia .
My weightloss has stalled this past 2 weeks due to a highly contagious cake epidemic .hhopefully I'm over the worst,...

My support group have been asleep all day.....tthey only work at night time

Thats an impressive weight loss 2M. 26lbs more important perhaps is the changes to your general health and your Lymphedemia .
My weightloss has stalled this past 2 weeks due to a highly contagious cake epidemic .hhopefully I'm over the worst,...
:laugh2:

Thanx, peanut.

Might just have to give that Keto flu recipe a try. It's gotten a lot better, but that cocktail could help with the electrolytes.

...She states that limes are unripened lemons...

Haha, well, I'm sure they'll get *dinged* on that one.

...Oh and skip the Essential oil its worthless in this recipe...

Ok.

Maybe substitute with 6 jiggers of Gin?

Thanx, peanut.

Might just have to give that Keto flu recipe a try. It's gotten a lot better, but that cocktail could help with the electrolytes.

Haha, well, I'm sure they'll get *dinged* on that one.

Ok.

Maybe substitute with 6 jiggers of Gin?
:laugh2:

Ok, found the US equivalent to Dioralyte, Pedialyte. Quite available here.
Also, found top recommendations for "Propel" sports drink.
I would avoid ANY sports drinks or Waters..Propel has Sucralose...a no no for Ketogenic diet...
No "lose" of any type..no Dextrin or malto dextrin...theres a few others as well.. I had a listing but i cant find it now..but if you ask me about some artiificial ingredients that might trigger my memory cells...
The key here is you must read labels..my rule of thumb is..If its processed ..dont buy it......I drink naturally flavored Seltzer water..its carbonated..it has nothing in it..no sodium and no articfical chemical added..you do have to be careful..there are brands that look like seltzer water but again if you read the labels for ingredients..you should only see Carbonated Water,Natural Flavor.. thats it.

Last edited:
TwoMany..If y'all have Food lion stores..or really any local grocery chains should have their own store branded Seltzer water.. I like Black cherry Food Lion brand. They also have Orange and Lemon-lime..Black Cheery is my preferred flavor....

I would avoid ANY sports drinks or Waters..Propel has Sucralose...a no no for Ketogenic diet...
No "lose" of any type..no Dextrin or malto dextrin...theres a few others as well.. I had a listing but i cant find it now..but if you ask me about some artiificial ingredients that might trigger my memory cells...
The key here is you must read labels..my rule of thumb is..If its processed ..dont buy it......I drink naturally flavored Seltzer water..its carbonated..it has nothing in it..no sodium and no articfical chemical added..you do have to be careful..there are brands that look like seltzer water but again if you read the labels for ingredients..you should only see Carbonated Water,Natural Flavor.. thats it.

2M I couldn't agree more with everything max has said. Definitely avoid any kind of sports gels drinks and bars etc. They are loaded with sugars and some other unpleasant additives,.if you consume them they will kill your ketosis and put you back to square one

It was a sports hi energy powdered drink together with regular chocolate that finally brought on my Diabetes .Ironically I was trying combat the extreme fatigue I was having which unbenownst to me was actually being caused by my high carbohydrate diet and pre diabetes.

If you need extra energy it is far better to eat high density fat which will release lots of sustained energy and not raise your blood glucose levels .

I wonder if you are eating too little food in the belief that less food will give increased weight loss ? You need to eat sufficient fat and protein so that you are not hungry all the time and prone to snacking on carbohydrates and sugary foods like sports drinks . You will not put on weight by eating high density foods like beef burgers, sausages, bacon, cheese, heavy cream, eggs chicken etc all of which will maintain your ketosis and keep you feeling satiated

Back