OEM nipples?

I had to go with the mikes spokes and nipps.. dont have the $113 to drop on the buchanan's at the moment. Hopefully that doesn't come back to bite me in the ass. I picked up a mikes spoke wrench hoping that it doesn't destroy the spokes.. Im going to try getting the spokes as tight as possible from the bottom using the screw head and then fine tuning via the spoke wrench. Hopefully that works..

The spokes should poke through the end of the nipple and prevent you from using the screw head well before they're all torqued up but I'm sure you'll get it done one way or another.

It took me about 3 tries but I finally got everything in there correctly and with minimal damage to the powder coating on the rim as well as the paint on the hub. now to tru and mount my rubber and balance this thing.

full

I finally got this part of the project wrapped up. The mikes spokes were just fine. I didn't have any isses with the nipples (ha pun intended!) rear end looks great on my XS now to get a 16" wheel on the front.

full

Just need to figure out a good way to hold my bolts in place (under the fender, taillight and seat).. They all come a little loose after a 5 min cruise around the hood.. These bikes really like the vibrate.

Proper tuning and carb sync removes most of the vibes. If that don't work, use lock washers or lock nuts. The ones with nylon in them work well.
Leo

Back