Haha, interesting ideas 2M. I like em.
I'm not opposed to hitting it with an impact gun. I have a feel for them but not to the extent that you do where I could tell that I'm now at a specific torque setting.

But, now you've done got me looking at another project!

Gads, now I can't stop.

Could make a V-shaped tool, like this.
Pins (purple) would fit in the sprocket teeth and keep the tool in place, for either tightening or loosening...
View attachment 117912

Would something like the Tusk clutch holding tool work like that?
CB12461B-2395-4DCE-846D-7E020D58084D.jpeg

EXCITING NEW PRODUCT RELEASE NOTIFICATION!

2M Industries is pleased to announce the release of its latest innovation. Recently designed and engineered to exacting standards in Texas and then meticulously manufactured under licence in Ontario, Canada.

We present to you, The:

SPROCKET LOCKIT / SOCKET TWOIT

IMG_20180506_171526.jpg

Machined from genuine, solid 28.575 mm (1 ⅛”) thick fine grained poplar (Liriodendron tulipifera).
Janka hardness 540 lbf (2,400 N). Crushing strength 5,540 lbf/in2 (38.2 MPa)
Each unit is hand finished and numbered.

You will appreciate the versatility of this unique, precise, finely crafted, quality tool. It can be used to hold the sprocket while removing the countershaft nut, AND, when reinstalling it. Nowhere else will you find both of those features in one tool!
Just another example of the high level of detail and design you have come to expect from 2M Industries.

Head design engineer TwoManyXS1Bs pulled out all the stops in the development of this instrument, working well into the wee hours of the morning.

A detailed one paragraph instruction manual is included.

Shipped in a hermetically sealed storage and carrying case.

IMG_20180506_171546.jpg

A note from our legal department: No warranties or guarantees with regard to either the proper or improper use of this tool are expressed or implied.
Use at your own risk.

Note: The following are actual in use pictures that have not been enhanced, altered, or photoshopped in any manner whatsoever.

IMG_20180506_170524.jpg IMG_20180506_161101.jpg IMG_20180506_172414.jpg

Thank you for your continued interest in and support of 2M industries.

Haha thanks Jim. The real credit though goes to the creator/designer/mastermind 2M.

Just keeping busy puttering while waiting for my rear cam chain guide in my new XS650Direct order.

Yup, awesome, good to know Jim. Thank you for the confirmation. I will rest easier whilst I anxiously await it's arrival.

Thanks buddy!

Hahaha, ROFLMAO!!!

I just *knew* that the highly knowledgeable and talented woodchuck of our Great White North industrial complex could gnaw out such a useful tool, eh?

Be it known, all profits from this venture will be donated to the resurrection of this 40-year-old beast, since it's old enuff to drink and vote....

Rob, a really fine tool and fine craftsmanship.
And, battle proven.

You completely blew me away with that "Notification" post.
Wasn't expecting that.
How you came up with the names. Then I saw the labeling, with the "Made in Canada, eh", and I fell outta my chair. Almost like an episode from the "Red Green" show.

Planning to have this made into a poster, garage art.
SprocketLockit.jpg

I spend much of my time dealing with pain, fatigue, and insommnia. But, that really made my day.

I thank you for that...

Well, thank you 2M. I'm so happy to hear that. Having a little fun, but, man that thing really works! Who knew?

I have read past posts of yours re: your health issues and am so sorry, but you're a survivor and a fighter! Keep up the good fight brother!

As far as making your day, I'm happy I was able to return the favour as many's a time you've made mine.

Be well my friend.

The varnish and packaging......... Is that home cooked varnish? Secret recipe from Cremona?

Well Scott, the packaging of course is the kind of attention to detail you've come to expect from 2M Industries.

In terms of the varnish, this is a secret proprietary recipe locked up in the corporate vault in Fredericksburg.

Even those of us slaving away in the Great White North industrial complex aren't privy to the recipe.

Hey there gents - I'm just catching up with all of this. Now THAT - is a very cool tool Steve and Robin!

Nicely done - and a total confirmation of why this forum is so useful and so much fun!

Pete

PS - when will the Sprocket-Lockit be available for on-line purchase?

Back