Operation Street Tracker

Dave,
I am not sure yet as to how much it holds. I have not filled to check but I will do soon as I am curious also. Jake just said that it was larger than the Champion 750 tank but I am thinking not by much more. The body lines of the tank are not as defined as the Champion either but it does resemble it quite a bit. The races at STockton last night were great it was cool to be at an inaugural event that I hope AMA keeps on the schedule. Brad almost won, led most of the way, Slamming Slamming studied him and then went to work in the last five laps to get by him.

I made some steel inserts to thread my rear LED turn signals into the rear tubes today I need to just get some grub nuts tomorrow and I am working on getting the tail light mounted also.

Found another cool picture of a good old Shell XS 650 that Eddie Lawson roode back in the day one fast guy on one fast scoot back then.
941971_487890994615577_1365721235_n.jpg

Whats going on the Black Hills Tracker Tim?

Last edited:
I made some steel inserts to thread my rear LED turn signals into the rear tubes today I need to just get some grub nuts tomorrow and I am working on getting the tail light mounted also.

Found another cool picture of a good old Shell XS 650 that Eddie Lawson road back in the day one fast guy on one fast scoot back the.
View attachment 29833

Whats going on the Black Hills Tracker Tim?
I put my second coat of clear on my tank and the first coat on the seat after I had resprayed the white. just about had a big disaster, while I was welding my seat support I had forgot that I had tape on the seat(hadnt resprayed the white) Long story short the tig caught the tape on fire. It didnt do any damage but was quite hair razing.

Oh crap thats funny those pesky little fires are always rapidly interesting.

I got the rear blinkers completely mounted today as well as the tail light. Just need to trim the remaining steel away from the exact foot print of the tail light. I have to be getting close to dragging it back up to the CHP office to see if I can try to get her titled, again. I have a little more motorcycle than I had the first time I went up almost a year ago.
IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

IMG_1069.jpg

Last edited:
Holt shit Donny how thick of steel are you using for your seat brace? I looks like your trophy Girl could be on the large side and you wouldnt break your seat off!!!!!!! HA HA.

LMAO.. its 1/4" on top and 3/16" on the sides I went that route so I can just bolt the light and rear fender tail by just threading the plate, be able to grab the tail and pick it up to move it around. I had made one up of 1/8" steel if you look back in my thread. I hear there is a lot of vibration back there and I wanted to have good solid attachments. My trophy girl is nothing to bat a eye at believe me!! check with pregrid he got a look at her :D

You know it. Get the sling shot out of the corner.By the way what the hell do you guys have to do in cali for a title? My bike is titled and I can do as much cutting and fabbing with out worring about the state giving me shit. Shit one city in caifuckingfornia has more population than my whole state.

Well I took this up there when I bought it.

IMG_0317.jpg

I have no title only bill of sale. But the first time the officer did check to see if there were any back fees or liens and told me it was clear so not to worry. But you need to come back when you have something that resembles a motorcycle. It is VIN check is what they call it but he said this may be the last time they see the bike so it has be looking like a bike!!

Oh crap thats funny those pesky little fires are always rapidly interesting.

I got the rear blinkers completely mounted today as well as the tail light. Just need to trim the remaining steel away from the exact foot print of the tail light. I have to be getting close to dragging it back up to the CHP office to see if I can try to get her titled, again. I have a little more motorcycle than I had the first time I went up almost a year ago.
View attachment 29871

View attachment 29872

View attachment 29873

Man that is heavy duty! Are you going to mount a trailer hitch on there???

Back