Operation Street Tracker

Thanks Tim, mine she is a no runner froze up solid on the top end, the lower end from what I can tell is good. But its gonna be a complete 277 rephased 750 rebuild coming up!

Found another famous Yamaha XS for you guys, Romero did not spend a lot of time on one of these but here is proof he did.
21214_156247077882460_1823265620_n.jpg

I don't know who all is in CA but, today is the annual open house at the Dan Rouit flat track museum http://vft.org/rouit.html if any of you can make it they have a lot cool old racing bikes and other stuff. A lot of the legends show up for this, so no telling you will run into. I will at least report back with some pictures of my visit if your interested.

Don and rusty? see as to how you both have to get your bikes checked by ? to be titled, will the DMV? allow you to run a fiberglass tank on the street?

Don and rusty? see as to how you both have to get your bikes checked by ? to be titled, will the DMV? allow you to run a fiberglass tank on the street?
South Dakota has no checks that i,m aware of my bike is titled and insured so I dont have to do squat, I guess that is one bonus for living in a small populated state.

OK checking in here, since my bike had no title only bill of sale have to have a CHP VIN check they just look the bike over to kind of make sure it looks like a bike from my last visit. So I hope it goes well. Fiberglass tank not legal but I am going to have to see if they catch it going to paint the bottom of it first.. The bike stays in the back of the truck the whole time.
I got me a badlands illuminator pro III so now I can start a wiring harness to all of my lights is probably what I may work on this weekend cool little gadget!

Got front brake master cylinder on, did the Hugh's speedo delete and hydraulic pit clutch conversion, put the old controls on the bars, got may Badlands light control module located, and rectifier/ regulator located. Getting close to taking her back to CHP to get a title I am getting close.
IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1098.jpg

IMG_1096.jpg

IMG_1100.jpg

IMG_1101.jpg

I also pick up a metal tank off some kind of Yamaha that will go on when I go to get it ttiled. Paid 20 bucks and guy through in the 82 Honda Ascot FT 500 roller I am going to build for the wife to have a little thumper street tracker. Anyone know where a motor is for this beast let me know please. Cool looking little critter!

Attachments

• IMG_1105.jpg
    IMG_1105.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_1106.jpg
    IMG_1106.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_1102.jpg
    IMG_1102.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_1103.jpg
    IMG_1103.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 179
Got front brake master cylinder on, did the Hugh's speedo delete and hydraulic pit clutch conversion, put the old controls on the bars, got may Badlands light control module located, and rectifier/ regulator located. Getting close to taking her back to CHP to get a title I am getting close.
View attachment 30361

View attachment 30362

View attachment 30363

View attachment 30364

View attachment 30365

View attachment 30366

I also pick up a metal tank off some kind of Yamaha that will go on when I go to get it ttiled. Paid 20 bucks and guy through in the 82 Honda Ascot FT 500 roller I am going to build for the wife to have a little thumper street tracker. Anyone know where a motor is for this beast let me know please. Cool looking little critter!
Your making some progress. I ordered a hughs pma and hydro clutch for mine, I,m interested on how the clutch set up is going to work.

Donny,Your bike is looking good! You'll have to tell how that hydraulic clutch setup works for you. Looks like your visit to Dan Rouit's museum was a great one. Some damn nice bikes.

Ya the museum was a good time a lot of old flat trackers and some cool ride in bikes also. He gets quite a few people to show up I was impressed.
On the clutch it will be a while for me to know how it works I am sure one of you will report before i have mine running but I hear it works awesome. Feels good to make some progress for sure this thing is last in line in the funding operation. Right now just trying to get it titled so I own it then I can put in budget requests for some finish work!

From what I understand they were their own beast but many of the parts or interchangeable just not sure of all of them yet. Just started reading up on them.

Back