Opinions on eastwood tig welder

angus67

Welder's penetrate deeper!!
Reaction score
IMG_0755.PNG
Looking to buy this tig welder from eastwood. It comes with everything except gas. Ive been welding mig for 10+ years, weldied tig for two befor said current mig stint. Nailed it in pro weld course, and continued to impress employer after their long time tig welder quit. But alas, that was over ten years ago. I made a few passes with the tig at work with some stainless, deffinately out of practice.
I loved tig welding, smells like burnt roses to me.
I hate using my miller 180 at home, sparks flying everywhere. Gas cans and solvents everywhere. I try to hang out for a while after i weld so i dont burn my attached garage down. But on occasion ive found burn marks in the indoor/outdoor carpet i have there.
Anyone use this setup? It gets great reviews everywhere.

Say's it won't weld aluminum. That's on the site............. In reviews there are glowing references for its aluminum welding capabilities .................Great duty cycle, (claimed), for both stick/Tig and both 110/220 Volt, Be in the 80's% to 100% across the 80-120 amp weld range..............Other than that has the make got a name

Last edited:
I know it wont do alum. I can just use the one at work if need be. The only repeated complaint is pre/ post gas flow isn't adjustable. 5 secomd post. Thats way too long for steel.

5 seconds is the lowest I would go on post flow , gotta keep that pool and filler rod in gas till it's cooled :) , you can beat back what you may feel is wasted gas with a good gas lense letting you run a lower flow rate.
If it was me I would save up for a AC/DC one , as you have a mig and there isn't a lot more you can do with a DC tig that you can get around with the mig , I have a kemppi 180 adaptive mig and a 200 AC/DC tig , so I'm kinda spoilt for choice

I keep thinking about the alphatig which is AC/DC and gets "mostly" great reviews.
https://www.amazon.com/AHP-AlphaTIG...00REX6USW/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

I snagged a brand new never run scratch start DC tig with a small bottle AND a Snap on mig spool gun. Couldn't resist and sold the spool gun for more than I paid for everything. Now thinking I'll sell the little tig box and grab that alpha. I had one of those scratch start tigs a couple of years ago and was surprised how easy it was to use. A joy after a string of frustrating attempts with an older but as new Miller square wave.
71oWCkjvcxL._SL1500_.jpg

I have the ac/dc eastwood tig 200 and I like it a lot. It is great for cars, bikes, and home projects. it is dual voltage but I run mine on 220. so far I have built most of a hot rod with that and my lincoln mig. the 3 year warranty is nice too. I dropped a piece of steel on my torch cable and ruined it, and they sent me a new one free, even though it was my fault.
easily welded 1/4 steel on the hot rod
1471726583.jpg

Back