ORIGINAL 1970 xs1 found in factory packing crate

I'm asking everybody who reads this post to answer this question: Do you really believe that this bike was built because its what a customer "ordered"? I"m not sure about this and I"d like some feedback. I've seen some of the Fong Bros work up fairly close but somehow I feel like engine engine number 9 has quite possibly fallen off the track here.

I forgot, which one of the fong bros are you?

Its a rat bike and it looks good.
What with all the witch hunt?
OBVIOUSLY the title was a joke.

Skull, I appreciate the suggestion but no, I'm not a Fong!!!
Lester damn it!!!!! You'll never get that cat back in the bag......

Skull, I appreciate the suggestion but no, I'm not a Fong!!!
Lester damn it!!!!! You'll never get that cat back in the bag......

LOL.... I did some reading AFTER I posted :doh:... I see the "thing" going on....LOL.
What ever... the bike is cool as hell, if it where mine I would make a few small changes but not much.
:yikes:

have a nice weekend guys

Fongs, I bet your next work order has "650Skull" on top of it.

Admit it skull; you love this shit and want one.

Black Betty, that won't happen. I understand where Skull is coming from. My work is not his thing and I appreciate that as much as I appreciate those who like it. As a child I hated potatoes even though everyone told me how good they were. Just could not stand them. As I grew, my taste changed and now I like them. Not saying Skull is a child or the he and the others will change their taste, but just stating I see where they come from. It's the same feeling I get when I see a honda civic with scissor doors. But in the end, I stand behind my work and any customer I've ever sold to would tell you I go out of my way for them and build a solid, dependable bike. Because I know how to do different finishes and make brand new parts look old and worn, some people assume that's what they are. It's funny how you can take a trashy old part like a crusty xs1 drum brake and refinish it so it looks new, you're doing well, but if you take a new part and make it look old, your bike must be built with wood screws and the customer is a sucker. It's all the same, your just refinishing parts.

Oh Denis please call it the PT Barnum Bike!! For there truly is a sucker born every minute.....
I heard the Fong Bros were piloting a new reality show down under.......
Any truth to that????

^Now we get some hippie from new york city to bump the free ad to the top every hour.

XJWMS- you've resorted to name calling and assumptions. Does my hair make me a hippie? Does someone showing their latest work of art mean they're advertising? The kindred souls who built this and all the other Fong Bros bikes are not advertising nor building to sell. They build to satisfy their artistic and creative urge to express there ideas. They wind up selling not for the money but to harvest the reward of seeing the new owner in a state of joy. The reason for these bikes being "advertised" is twofold. 1- there are many folks who eagerly await to see the Fongs newest projects. Not all are lucky enough to know them and actually ride the shit out of their bikes through the cobblestone streets of NYC with their hippie hair flying out from the back of their helmet. 2- it is an inspiration to all the people who struggle to try and build their own work of art. Fong Bros gladly answer all questions and generously give advice to any and all askers. Scan back and review all of their posts and responses and you will find 2 things, generosity of time and knowledge, and HUMOUR my friend which is just the very thing that many people need to loosen up and remove the hemorrhoids from their rear ends. Oh and a third thing that they post, beautiful recreated Yamaha XS650s!!!!

XJWMX did a pretty good job of bumping the thread back up to the top on his own because he has such little self control, he couldn't help but make a comment. Thanks for putting me back on top. Everyting is bigger and better in texas, especially the impulsiveness of those who want to put someone down for bumping the thread as they bump it theirself. Clown as usual.

^I wouldn't dare bump it. It was already there! As it was now too. Lexical analysis says you and the other guy are the same joker. I suspect ggggary will soon mmmmove this to the classifieds.

Classifieds???? This bike isn't for sale, but once again, ttttttthanks for the bump to the top. tyrant and fongbros are not 1 and the same. But please keep commenting since you enjoy bumping my thread to the top. You are my best advertising agent. You must watch "MadMen."

Can you be nice and stop the name calling? Put your picture up so we can see your pretty face :) smile sunshine!!!! 3,320 posts?????? Really???? Calling people names? Or just poking around and bashing people because they made something you don't like.

Back