Pamco wiring problems

It seems you're not very up to date on the subject, but I appreciate the advice!
I'm up to date enough on the subject to know your Harley mechanic has the fuckin pamco wired wrong. The reason I asked is that how the bike was wired. If so you are trying to fire the coil thru the E advancer The Blue box color change I think they were gray boxes. Conclusion the E advancer is fried most likely. Thanks to Harley. From the picture The coil has one spark plug wire and has never been properly mounted under the tank. Electronic ignitions require both spark plug attached to spark plugs or you will damage the coil. :doh: Simple operation Red green and black Mount coil under tank Red white off old coil to new coil red and green from advancer to proper coil terminals black to ground put tank back on set timing done.

I'm up to date enough on the subject to know your Harley mechanic has the fuckin pamco wired wrong. The reason I asked is that how the bike was wired. If so you are trying to fire the coil thru the E advancer The Blue box color change I think they were gray boxes. Conclusion the E advancer is fried most likely. Thanks to Harley. From the picture The coil has one spark plug wire and has never been properly mounted under the tank. Electronic ignitions require both spark plug attached to spark plugs or you will damage the coil. :doh: Simple operation Red green and black Mount coil under tank Red white off old coil to new coil red and green from advancer to proper coil terminals black to ground put tank back on set timing done.

easy there! no need to get panties in a bunch.

pamco is wired exactly the way every instruction i've found tells it to be wired. this bike hasn't ever been wired before, it's a complete build that we're trying to finish and wire for the first time. :thumbsup:

still anxiously awaiting a reply from pete!

In your earlier thread, .......[URL="http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32131"]Heree[/URL],.....and Here........ you wired up the pamco 2 different ways, also did some testing when your old regulator was falty.

Pete has spent a lot of time with you in a couple of your threads last year and to expect a refund now is a bit rich.

Absolutely Pete has been extremely helpful when I've been able to talk to him directly. When initially wiring it, and got no spark, we found out my reg was shot. Got a new one. Then found that my coil was shot (made the stupid mistake of going to eBay for both my initial reg and coil), got a new one and Pete himself was who told me to wire the coil and ignition to a separate battery and that fried it (heated up really hot. Never did that before). I'm not sure exactly what I could have done differently. Had there been any obvious mistake on my end, I wouldn't be asking for anything from Pete and id just be kicking myself in the ass. Since I can't seem to find anything done incorrectly on my end, id like at least a replacement.

I understand everyone's skepticism based on my inexperience, but I've followed instructions as closely as possible. Could have been damaged somewhere else along the way I suppose, but I have no way of knowing.

Pete is a busy fellow. He has not only an ignition for our Xs650's he also has one for Hondas. I think he is working on one for the XS400.
He is also working on the E-advancer for rephased engines.
It may take a few days to a week.
If you sent him a PM through here or Email through his website It might take some time to go through all his PM's and emails.
Be patient, he'll get to you.
He may come on here and see you thread before he gets through all the other stuff.
I know this may not fit with in your time frame, but he'll respond.
Leo

Milk_Jesus, I thought you may have changed the wires around when you were testing it because you saw the wires soldered wrong according to the markings on the board.

If you did,maybe that caused a short and wasn't picked up till you and your friend were doing further testing with the new coil and regulator..............

Milk_Jesus, I thought you may have changed the wires around when you were testing it because you saw the wires soldered wrong according to the markings on the board.

If you did,maybe that caused a short and wasn't picked up till you and your friend were doing further testing with the new coil and regulator..............

No that was my initial worry is that we wired it backwards because the labels on the PC board were wrong but we still ran green to green and red to red (which Pete said was correct and that the labeling was irrelevant). So we dodged that bullet thankfully!

Milk...,

Well, I've sold quite a few of the new E-Advancer and every one was tested before shipping, including yours. So, I think it's possible that you may have wired it incorrectly, and that may be because our instructions are not totally clear. PM you address again and I will send you another, but please read the instructions carefully and if there is anything you are not clear about, post it here.

He bailed me out on taking the cover off. The guts are not marked for direction, only the lid. Lose track of which way the lid goes, and you're stuck, unless you can find my old thread here!

He bailed me out on taking the cover off. The guts are not marked for direction, only the lid. Lose track of which way the lid goes, and you're stuck, unless you can find my old thread here!

The latest V2.0 boards are marked "sensor" and "coil" on either end.

Milk...,

Sent your new system to you today. Please read the installation instructions carefully before installing. If you have any questions, please post them here before proceeding. If you have a professional mechanic doing the installation, have him read the instructions. Just because he is a professional mechanic does not mean he has any experience with this new design PAMCO. Remember, the pilots that just landed that Southwest Airlines B737 at the wrong airport were professionals too. :doh:

I'm not getting power to the red wire on the sensor after the e-advance. Brand new bat full charge, not connected to the new Pma. Full kit from mikes on a 1980 xs650 simple wire with inline fuses 14 gauge wire. Any ideas?

I'm not getting power to the red wire on the sensor after the e-advance. Brand new bat full charge, not connected to the new Pma. Full kit from mikes on a 1980 xs650 simple wire with inline fuses 14 gauge wire. Any ideas?

Are you getting battery voltage at the red wire that connects to the E-advancer blue box (from the kill switch)?

Have you done the manual testing procedure (spin the Pamco rotor by hand), that is on Pamcopete's web site?

Yes power to red wire to the e-advance connected to red wire to coil. No manual test yet. That's tonight after work. I have 12.8 volts to bothe green and the red on the coil

I just installed my Pamco E-Advancer and during mock up, everything worked perfect and then when I put everything together, I didn't have any spark. Ends up my connectors for the red wire was not crimped properly....maybe take a look at you connections and use a volt meter to see if you have voltage.

Ok coil test 3.5 on main terminals, getting 14,500 across plug terminals open on all other tests. Pamco test stock plug grounded well to head, wire attached, other plug wire attached to plug in bike. Cam pin out pamco rotor on loose, key on spin rotor and NO spark ( done with e-advance wired in line (soldered). Should this test be done without the e-advance? And I have no power to the sensor on green or red and checked 12.8v to both leads of coil and no drop from green. Soo :banghead::banghead: any ideas??:shrug:

Back