Pamco wiring problems

Ok coil test 3.5 on main terminals, getting 14,500 across plug terminals open on all other tests. Pamco test stock plug grounded well to head, wire attached, other plug wire attached to plug in bike. Cam pin out pamco rotor on loose, key on spin rotor and NO spark ( done with e-advance wired in line (soldered). Should this test be done without the e-advance? And I have no power to the sensor on green or red and checked 12.8v to both leads of coil and no drop from green. Soo :banghead::banghead: any ideas??:shrug:

The testing must be done with all wiring in its normal state, i.e. the E-advancer must be wired in, as its what controls the coil primary. No spark, so now is the time to contact Pamcopete, e-mail address on his web site.

Jon1, You say you have power to the red wire to the e-advancer. Is it the same as the battery voltage? Power to the coil, Battery voltage?
The red and green wires at the coil will have the same voltage. Power comes into the coil on the red wire, comes out on the green wire. The primary resistance of 2.5 ohms might drop the voltage a small amount on the green wire but not much.
Now when the main power transistor in the e-advancer is off no current flows through the coil. The green wire will have a voltage reading. When the transistor turns on and grounds the green wire it will not have a voltage reading.
Leave your meter hooked up to read voltage on the green wire and do the "spin the rotor" test. The voltage should change from a near battery voltage to zero volts as the magnets pass the Hall effect transistor on the sensor plate.
I might suggest you check the wiring to be sure you have red to red, green to green and black to black on all your connections.
As I mentioned earlier in this thread and in a PM to you Pete's a busy guy and it can take a few days tor more to get a response.
Leo

Thanks for getting back to me Leo. I think I have triple checked all wires and connections a dozen times. I did leave the meter attached to the green wire at the coil and no drop from the 12.8v when I spun the adapter to spin the magnets past the transistor. I do see why Pete's a busy guy.

Back