Pandemonium's YoMama Exhaust questions.

xHolepunchx

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, these pipes look awesome, but Im curious to hear from anyone using them. First off, how is the sound? Loud is fine as long as its a low rumble to a biting growl, I have heard some open exhausts that sound all boxy and midrange and am hoping this isn't one of them. (their video doesnt capture the sound very well)And... for the question no one likes to answer (yes I searched the forum and understand there is no def answer...) Does anyone have these pipes matched with some pod filters, and if so what is a good starting jet point and which ones to change? Just pilots? Mains/both? Is a needle re-work common? I read the carb guide and all, but having a baseline of "common" results would be awesome. Thanks everyone, responses are very appreciated! Engine is all stock right now, exhaust, air boxes and all, time to open her up and make her mean!

If you searched the forum and understand there is no definite answer, then why ask the question again?
The carb guide explains how to test the carbs to decide if jetting changes are needed.
Leo

I've got those pipes and they sound great to me, loud but good. I was running stock open head pipes prior.

I have 38's with pod filters and I went 2 up on the mains and 1 up on the pilots and raised the needles 1 notch. Runs like a bat outta hell, plugs look good with no fouling. Just my 2 cents.

I don't think they make a jetting kit. Just buy the jets.
Your local bike shop probably has Genuine Mikuni jets for about the same price as Mike's knock offs.
Leo

Back