please help with ignition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a reg/rec and ignition unit from my 81. The only thing is the couplers have been cut off. If you have your old ones, you can remove them and put em on the ones I'll sell ya.

PM me and make me an offer. I'm not using em, and don't plan on it. I'll treat you right, I promise!

Here is a easy way to wire for what you got and do you have 12 volts to coil by your pictures there are a lot of same color wires and you have to have 12 volts to coil to run.
12 Volts to TCI box
12 Volts to coil
Red wire from Stator / rotor to battery

Attachments

• XS-EI.JPG
    XS-EI.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 76
One last question, from mikes xs would i need Part #14-0901, Part #14-0911, Part #14-0914, Part #14-0917, or something else? not sure of the differences or what I would need...

They have been out of the mechanisms for a while now, dcoffman. Put you an ad in the classifieds section. I have seen plenty other members that have em for sale. That is how I got mine. You are gonna need the advance rod, mechanism, 3 brass bushings and timing pin. All the rest should be in stock from mikes if you can get the advance mechanism from someone.

Before you buy anything find out if what you have works. The TCI is a set and forget ignition.
I would hook up the TCI box, coil and pick up you have, leave the reg/rec out for now. Use a battery to power ignition. See if it runs with what you have.
Do this and see what happens. It won't cost you anything but a bit of time.
If it runs, then wire up the reg/rec and see if it charges. If you get it to run and charge you can ride it till you can save a few bucks and do some upgrades.

What is the correct hook up for the w/g, w/r, and the b/w. To the orange, grey, and black?

Posted via Mobile

awesome going to try to fire it up tonight haven't worked on it in awhile because I was working on my car thank you for the reply

Posted via Mobile

Back