power to coils

fossilrider

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, haven't posted in a while. I guess that means "no troubles". Now I have just picked up a '73 TX650 that some guy had unhooked every wire on it. Good part is: he labeled all of them. Bad part is: not very well, on some of them. Most were clear where they should go but there are a few with labels that make no sense. I got out the manual and, as usual, some of the colors on the bike don't match the colors in the diagram. Mainly the feed wires for the coils, the wires from the points, and the wires from the regulator (or rectifier?). Several of these connect together and I cannot make out where (from his labels). Can someone show me a simple schematic for this part of the system? PLEASE ! Thanks, Steve

Hey Guys, haven't posted in a while. I guess that means "no troubles". Now I have just picked up a '73 TX650 that some guy had unhooked every wire on it. Good part is: he labeled all of them. Bad part is: not very well, on some of them. Most were clear where they should go but there are a few with labels that make no sense. I got out the manual and, as usual, some of the colors on the bike don't match the colors in the diagram. Mainly the feed wires for the coils, the wires from the points, and the wires from the regulator (or rectifier?). Several of these connect together and I cannot make out where (from his labels). Can someone show me a simple schematic for this part of the system? PLEASE ! Thanks, Steve

Just look in the "Tech" section under wiring diagrams. The information you need is all there.

Back