Pro Taper Clutch Lever?

pereiracycles

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone tried using a Pro Taper Clutch Perch and Lever on their XS? Looks like a nice lever at a reasonable price. I like the idea of bearing pivots and quality forging.
http://www.bikebandit.com/aftermark...pro-taper-profile-clutch-perch-lever-assembly

Just wonder if the leverage ratio is correct.
If not, which one?
I've got an old stock one now, which works ok. It's just a little sloppy and looks a bit "cheap."
Thanks in advance,
Tony

Eventually I would like to get one for my build. They look really nice and if they hold up that well on motorcross bikes I should think they would last a lifetime on one of these. If you go to their website they offer some really nice stuff. Usually you get what you pay for

I've changed my clutch lever and perch to one from a late '70s to early '80s Kawasaki. The reason is the much wider lever pivot .....

NewClutchLever.jpg

NewClutchLever2.jpg

I won't be wearing this one out for a while. Used assemblies in good shape are quite reasonable on eBay, in the $10 to $20 range.

I've changed my clutch lever and perch to one from a late '70s to early '80s Kawasaki. The reason is the much wider lever pivot .....
Oh great guru of most things xs650 did it change the feel of the clutch in your opinion? And yes I'm working my way through the other clutch upgrade threads.:thumbsup:

I can't say I notice any difference. It was, as I said, the larger lever pivot that drew me to it. And I just happened to have an assembly sitting in a box of spare parts I acquired, lol. So I tried it and I like it. If you need a replacement, this is a viable, long lasting option. Levers alone are available in straight or dogleg style, silver or black. Mine has the straight (well, a gentle curve) silver lever but I figured that type may give a little more lever travel before contacting the grip as opposed to the original dogleg lever that was on there.

Back