Procrastination blues......

...Yeah, but Kev, re-wiring a Trumpet is about as difficult as wiring a plug on a kettle! LOL

Go for it Jimmy, its never as hard as you thought once you get started. Take your time & gather everything you need, decent wiring, top quality connections and a quality crimping tool.
I completely rewired my Triumph T120R & changed many of the wire colors to suit my eyes ( color blind red/brown :banghead:) took my time & surprised myself with how well the job turned out :thumbsup:

Oh I have already wired it twice and fried 2 ignitions myself. That's why I'm procrastinating. Weird thing is everything was fine until I added the rear brake light and the switches to the equation....

Yup use the old ten minute rule you can certainly find something wireing related that will take no more than ten minutes cleaning terminals even. Go do THAT. Stop if nothing else seems to want to get done, repeat the next day, a few days max and you will be at it. The good news is that wiring and crimps are cheap and easily replaced if you aren't happy with the first try. Now get out there and do your ten minutes, I am warning you! If you don't want your father to hear about this when he gets home you better get moving............

Ask around for someone to look over your shoulder. If he doesn't want to bring his own VOM and soldering tools keep looking. If you find that person, have any and all electrical tape cut off any wire on the bike before he shows.

I'm feeling ya jimmy. Everything is done on my bike except the wires and fluids. Waiting for a phone cal from my bro to open the shop for me so I can do just that. I even have every wire strung to the can and marked already and its still intimidating to hook them all up. I'm motivated to hear what my cocktails shakers sound like so I gotta trudge through the spaghetti mess and take it for a test drive! The end does justify the means! even if it means wearing down that bundle one wire at a time.

Ask around for someone to look over your shoulder. If he doesn't want to bring his own VOM and soldering tools keep looking. If you find that person, have any and all electrical tape cut off any wire on the bike before he shows.

well... My dad is dead... And I'm actually going to wire it up to the point that it worked last time and ride it over to this local shop that's been helping me along on my Harley. Apparently one of the guys grew up in a yam dealership

Posted via Mobile

Yeah I started over from scratch too..using the color wires that matched my simplified diagram. still gotta hook them all into a fuse block and connect the ignition box wires. Soon I will put in the engine oil and a lil fuel to make sure I have no leaks...then its on like donkey kong!

Well i gotta say the wiring has me procrastinating as well, had some broken and cut wires in the headlamp, also the couplings were old and breaking down, rewiring a set 78/79 US gauges on to my Aus 80SG points model, every time i think i am getting ahead i find something else wrong with the bike, not necessarily electrical, Not having the Aus wiring diagram i am trying to work off the US SE and Special 2 diagrams. Sometimes the brain just locks up and i have to take a few days before i can go back, and now that Alzheimers is setting in i find i have a new bike every time i go back to look at it :laugh::laugh:

my biggest problem is finding the time to go work on the bike. in theory it could run, but as it's on a couple of milk crates rather than on it's wheels, i gotta wait for tires.

it's nearly an hours drive (no traffic) just to get to it, so weekday evenings are pretty much out, and weekends are pretty full, so i get maybe 3 hours a week to work on it. sigh. and i should be able to ride in may, so i've set that as my deadline.

i actually found the wiring pretty "fun", only have the rear flashers to connect, rebuild/replace the horn, and put in a new flasher unit. basically just plug and play at this point.

basically have just the big purchases to make, new tires and mufflers, and that should be it, then i just have to build a mount for the seat, get some foot pegs and it'll be done. i think.... will probably find something else, and hopefully it'll pass inspection the first time through...

i guess i'm forced into procrastination by my severe lack of garage.

Well found out today that it wasn't the pamcos or the coils. Which is good. Means I didn't fry anything like I thought. SO maybe I'll have it wired up soon!

Back