Professional painting service . . .

I see you haven't had any posts on here for awhile, still lookin for work? I am looking to have some knee dents put in my tank and then have it and the sidecovers painted. Thanks

Well your bike's yank is beautiful, if i skipped yhe dents and did same pattern but light steel blue and cream stripe would you be interested? The tank is near perfect with original paint. Any estimate on cost?

Side covers and tank, about $250. That would be materials, prep and paint with simple stripe.. If there is bodywork to do, that would be extra.

Sounds fair to me. I have no problem shipping back and forth to sc. I have one more request out to someone who does the knee dents. Do you have a waiting list, what would estimated turn around time be?

I really like your work so will probably send it your way.

Here is a pic of the tank, i will try to get you a better one.

Thanks, mike

Attachments

• IMG_1795.jpg
    IMG_1795.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 228
I'm painting my engine for my 75 xs. I was wondering if you could help me with what they used on the letters for the engine side covers. I had a Y with a chip out of it and started stripping what thought was paint. That's not paint. It's a 1/16th to an 1/8th inch thick. I smelled like rubber or something when I took a wire brush on my Dremel to it. I'm looking to change it to a gloss white so if you can help that would be great. I don't have a steady enough hand to hand paint them back, plus getting it smooth would be a challenge down in the grooves. I was hoping for a product I could pour or melt in the recessed letters that would fill in and leave a gloss like finish. It would also need to withstand the heat and vibration. :banghead:

if you're polishing the cases, just overspray and sand it out?

Anyone got work done by the OP? I want a white pearl tank done up and if this guys for real (no offence, just seems like most painters are hacks where I live), I'd much rather support an XS guy.

I'm lookung for answer to my problem. As seen in the picture, I have my basic design down, but as much as I try, I can't get the letters crisp. I want to do them white, but after grinding out the filler they had in them ( I had to, I had lots of chips in the letters anyway) I can't get them crisp. Is this something you could do? The colors are VHT cast iron, and copper. The letters I want white.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 233
No, the side clutch cover. I tried to I insert a pic, but maybe it didn't work. I can paint the stripe, and background, but the letters just won't come out crisp. The problem is, I can't seem to clean out 100% of the letters. So I can't just paint them in. I used a paintable heat resistant epoxy to fill it back in, but I just don't have the skills to paint them in. Any ideas on how you might do it?

You don't need heat paint. I would clear the cover. Then I would spray the white, I would wet sand the white off, leaving it in the letters. I would then reclear it all.

Thanks I'll try that. Yes I now know about not needing heat paint. I found out from some hotrod builders that use automotive paint to do engines. They say it will take 400 degrees. Unfortunately it was to late, and my colors were already all done.

Interested in getting a quote to get some paint stripped off a tank, fix a couple pin holes, and a couple small dents, and paint it do you have a flat rate? Or is it on a case by case basis.

Pete, I would like to vouch for your incredible work. I asked you to do some light fabrication in addition to the paint work. It looks absolutely amazing as was the communication. I live in SW Florida so if anyone wants to see his work first hand hit me up. Again, thanks Pete for such a great job. Sorry I'm just now getting around to seeing it, project on hold due to personal emergency.

Attachments

• IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_0056.jpg
    IMG_0056.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_0062.jpg
    IMG_0062.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
I can also vouch for Pete, his work is A+ and his communication is superb. He is very good at narrowing down exactly what you want and provides excellent feedback in order to guide you throughout the process. I live in TX and will gladly and confidently send him more work. I will post pics towards the end of December beginning of January when I expect my build to be completed

Thanks Pete!

Back