Restoration

aaflores9713

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
So I'm new to this, so bear with me. I am looking into getting a project bike, just want to see if it is worth it before i make the jump. Here are some pictures of the bike i plan on getting. Please tell me if this is won't cost me everything I own in just getting this running.

Attachments

• image1 2.jpg
    image1 2.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 265
  • image2 2.jpg
    image2 2.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 279
  • image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 283
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 278
This is a Yamaha XS650 Forum.....................There may be some guys that have had experience with this type of bike. You don't give any information about the condition of the engine, does it turn over?

But seriously with the harness as it is and no filters on the carbs the engine may be seized and unless your mechanically and electrically minded then your into a lot of questions and you'll also have to fine a forum for the bike, where there will be like minded people who have the knowledge to help you out.

Hi aaflores,
if you are lucky and skilful, mebbe a couple of C-notes in used parts.
Or if the bike needs major work rather than just a cleanup; a couple of Grand.
But it's some kind of Suzuki and this is an XS650-specific site.
Not that you ain't welcome here, just that you can get better tech help from a Suzuki site.

Sorry to say but that is a pile of scrap,spend your money on something that at least has all the parts then at least you know what you will need to replace .Sourcing parts for that Suzuki is going to take you a lifetime.

gggGary, is that the same front disk used on our 72's?.
I always try to find something useful from a thread like this.
Get it (free, I hope) then sell motor on ebay as is, and scrap the frame.

could be.... Some early suzuki's used a 6 bolt mount but it would have to be measured in all dimensions. Kinda expensive to ship from Fairbanks. I would guess being in Fairbanks severely limits the used bike pickings also.

9713 - whatever you get, make sure it has papers, title , ownership or whatever it's called in your jurisdiction.

Back