1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Featured RobinC

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MaxPete, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Mailman

Mailman Hardly a Guru Top Contributor

Robin absolutely loved the camaraderie and friendships he developed on this forum. We spoke about this frequently. I was just one of many friends that Robin had here. He told me how much this forum meant to him. He talked about his family, his kids and grandkids, he was just one of those guys that was always cheerful, his upbeat attitude was infectious.

BF47E4A7-3525-4E45-822F-C1DDBCB454BA.jpeg

EA28CDF9-4F67-4D34-ACBE-F264C0979179.jpeg
    3818B0FA-887D-4641-900C-4F4DD4252C6D.jpeg

A52D895D-B134-43E2-8D11-6B3D07947087.jpeg

“ The story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye.”
    Jimi Hendrix September 17, 1970

Thanks for sharing your life with us my friend.

nj1639, geedubya, Wulfbyte and 19 others like this.
  2. 650Skull

650Skull Dinosaur Lives Top Contributor

I'm saddened to hear this.........Condolences to robins family............... In the short time robin has been on here his positivity and graciousness has been an asset to the site......We will be worse off now................RIP Robin, See you on February's Calendar

nj1639, geedubya, Wulfbyte and 14 others like this.
  3. halfmile

halfmile XS650 Junkie Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

kansas
    I just saw this post. My condolences to Robin`s family. Robins input on this site was of great value for sure. He will be missed by all. RIP Robin.

4. azman857

azman857 '80 XS 650SG Rider Top Contributor

Robin "liked" many of my entries. I will miss his contributions to the forum. I will miss him. My deep condolences to his family.

5. DanielBlack

DanielBlack XS650 Junkie

Robin was a man of endlessly generous kindness, collegiality, and friendship. I join all of you around the world who miss him terribly.

He was also a home mechanic of exceptional thoroughness and technical curiosity. I've learned a ton of stuff from conversations sparked by Robin asking a question and teasing the details from answers.

59Tebo, Gordon in nc, Skip and 13 others like this.
  6. peanut

peanut XS650 Guru Top Contributor

that is such sad news ...
    I shall really miss Robins friendship, especially his 'likes' that he always added to my posts every day. If I had had the opportunity to meet Robin I just know that we would have become friends as has every other forum member he met and rode or corresponded with.
    His friendliness, help and congeniality will be sorely missed by us all every day
    Rest in Peace my cyber buddy

7. timbeck

timbeck XS650 Junkie XS650.com Supporter

To Robin's family, may you be comforted by the outpouring of love surrounding you from his XS650 friends.
    tim

8. Skip

Skip XS 650 Screwturner

This is terribly sad news..to lose 2 respected members in such a small community is tragic.
    Being a Canadian,as Robin was,I always felt a special connection with him.
    Robin also seconded my nomination by 650skull for the 2019 calender which I appreciated.
    My Condolences to his family,as well as his 650 family who knew him on a personal level.
    We all will miss him here.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  9. Wow. That is all I can say. I am a relatively new member here but Robin was always one of the guys that without a miss would read and like just about everything I wrote as late as Saturday. His constant words of encouragement and advise helped me on every step of my build. Even the light ribbing about my OCD with my polishing put a smile on my face. I like to think it put one on his also.

You will be sadly missed my polishing partner in crime.

Here is to you Robin.:cheers: Rest In Peace.

Joe

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    Wulfbyte, geedubya, 59Tebo and 12 others like this.
  10. willis

willis XS650 Junkie XS650.com Supporter

Wow, I am really taken aback by this news. I had just lost my mother in-law days after WER’s passing and now this. As many have already said I really respected Robin’s contributions and generally upbeat enthusiasm and support of other members. It is because of the fellowship and support of members like this that make us a community and not just Another online forum. My deep condolences to both our fellow fallen riders families. Nobody is ever prepared for this type of tragedy. May we all take note from this as each day is truly a gift to us all. With such vacancies being left behind here I hope we can all step up and keep the supportive community alive in our friends honor. RIDE IN PEACE!!!!

Wulfbyte, geedubya, 59Tebo and 13 others like this.
  11. TwoManyXS1Bs

TwoManyXS1Bs BBQ Hunter Top Contributor

Oh, no no no! Not Robinc!

Hitintheheadfred, Weekendrider, and now Robinc?

It's like the great hereafter is calling up the reserves,
    All the good guys.

Tragically, right at the moment when they should be enjoying the rewards of their efforts.

I'm honored, and glad, that Rob shared his adventures with us.
    I'm glad that we could share with him.

What impressed me, unexpectedly, was Rob's exceptional attention to members postings, and his thoughtful/thorough responses, also in exceptional detail. Discourses with Rob were quite enjoyable, like having an A+ student, attentive, checking off every item, applying insight. I think half of my "likes" came from Rob.

Plus, the occasional Canuck twist.
    Robinc02.jpg

Our "Prince of Polishing",
    Locked and loaded.
    Robinc01.jpg

Rest in peace buddy.
    You will be sorely missed...

txxs, peanut, geedubya and 14 others like this.
  12. Downeaster

Downeaster Everything in XS Top Contributor

Not sure how I missed this. We've lost another of the Great Ones. Sincere condolences to Robin's family.

Sunny Days and Twisty Roads, Robin.

peanut, Wulfbyte, geedubya and 9 others like this.
  13. MaxPete

MaxPete Life with Lucille...I suggest, she decides. Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

Hi All:

Just a quick note to let you know that I’ve been in contact with Robin’s son Jordan and he wanted to convey how touched he is with the kind words about his Dad. In all the hustle-bustle of daily life, people from all over the world are taking a moment to express their thoughts and memories and it means a lot, especially right now.

Pete

peanut, Wulfbyte, geedubya and 13 others like this.
  14. I believe that this forum is one of the highest quality of any on the web that I've seen, and Robin contributed a great deal to that. Very sad news, but we all should celebrate a life well lived! Rest in peace.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    nj1639, peanut, Wulfbyte and 8 others like this.
  15. It's strange. I've only met a hand full of you guys, but even those I haven't met seem like my new friends. Rest in peace, Robin.

Unfortunately, at our age this is all too common place now.

peanut, Wulfbyte, geedubya and 11 others like this.
  16. CBJamie

CBJamie BIKE ADDICT

Lord please make our friend Robin's journey to meet you a pleasent one. Please help his friends and family during this sad time for them. In Jesus name Amen. Ride on Brother Ride on.

nj1639, peanut, Wulfbyte and 11 others like this.
  17. fredintoon

fredintoon Fred Hill, S'toon. Top Contributor

Not what I wanted to see today.
    Alas that the good ones go too soon.
    Ride on, Robin, ride now into Glory.

peanut, Wulfbyte, geedubya and 8 others like this.
  18. jradvantage

jradvantage XS650 Addict

Sad to hear about Robin. He nominated my bike for this year's calendar and were recently communicating about paint and whether "Ford Tuxedo Black Metallic" would look good on his bike. Upon further inspection, it was determined that my bike was likely painted that same color and that his paint person would probably use the same color with some slight modifications. Heck of a nice guy. He will be missed. Rest In Peace.

John

peanut, Wulfbyte, MaxPete and 6 others like this.
  19. Such sad news.......you've all cover it. He was a good person and a joy to many (myself included). May his skies always be clear and his roads twisty. Rest In Peace my friend.

lakeview, Moabite, GLJ and 6 others like this.
  20. Wulfbyte

Wulfbyte XS650 Enthusiast XS650.com Supporter

This ones for you Robin-“HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL”

Marlin72xs, peanut, Moabite and 4 others like this.