Rubber Tachometer Bulb Holder

Thanks for the links, xjwmx. I've entertained the LED idea. Since I've got my meters tore all to shit, now is an opportune time to change.

I believe I've read (an opinion) on here that LED's are a good choice for meters, but perhaps not for brake lights...

Just depends on brightness. I wouldn't trade off brightness on a brake light. Another thing to try is buy a whole tach or speedometer that includes the holder and then resell it without the holder. I bought a whole stator to get a tci pickup when there wasn't one on there by itself.

On those links I think the second one will work ok. The first one looks to have a shoulder that might stop it from going in far enough.
I might order them and see.
I have the Dash out of my XJ650, It uses the wedge type bases. I might just shop around Ebay for the dash wiring for an XJ bike.
Leo

My gauge light harness was cut up and chafed, so I got a used one off ebay for like $15. Quality was fine, rubber nice and supple. I got my replacement main harness(used) there as well, and compared to what I had, it might as well have been N.O.S. Fine quality.

A rep from MikesXS told me that he would submit a request for them to sell model-specific gauge harnesses. Finding used harnesses on eBay of decent quality or new old stock harnesses will only get more challenging.

JBM Industries (producer of CV diaphragms & carb holders, etc.) may be interested in producing replacement rubber boots for the bulb sockets, but they would like a reasonable estimate of how many they could sell before committing to development of tooling (which apparently is expensive).

Last edited:
Back