Shocks?

Mace

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas, Any suggestions on alternate shocks....? I'm kind of a big boy and need a bit more suspension.
Thanks
Mace

I Have a set of Gazi Hyper X on an 80 special and they suit me fine. They are fully adjustable. Let them know your requirements and they will fit springs to suit you and your bikes weight. With suspension you get what you pay for and these are mid to upper level price and quality.

http://www.gazisuspension.com/

Progressive 12 series. You can get springs to match your mass. Less than half the price of the Gazi shocks. They may be awesome, but I don't think you were looking to put 500 bucks into a set of shocks?

I have a pair of like new 13.25" MDI shocks like mikesxs sells. Chrome progressive dual springs and black body. You can have them for $75 plus what it costs to get them to you. The springs are too stiff for me (160#) so I bought Works Performance.

Tom

Last edited:
Progressive is a decent choice. The down side is the ride. If you correct the laden sag, you're going to feel the bumps with progressive wound springs. If you get the correct spring, you won't drag the pegs. Progressive won't be much help picking springs. I'm 230# and what Progressive lists as "heavy duty" for the XS650 is too weak to keep me from dragging. Experimenting with springs gets expensive!

There are some dealers who can get you set up correctly the first time. Sometimes that works out cheaper in the long run. Traxxion Dynamics is one. They have economical choices if you call them. Be advised, you can't get decent shocks for $90. You don't have to spend $1K either.

Progressive reps might not be helpful in setting up progressive shocks and springs to your weight on an xs650, but Michael Morse at 650 central will be.

Back