Show me your Hardtail stretch / no stretch

I only keep the leg warmers on in the winter. Bike is hard to start in 30 degree temp.
AND lets get it right they are HANDLEBAR WARMERS HAHAHA!!!!!

Punkskalar, where have you stuffed all you electrical gubbins - reg/rect solenoid, etc., ?

I use Pamcopete Ignition = No magic black boxes or other useless crap to hide.

I also run the PMA conversion, which is 3 wires to a solid state regulator and then 2 wires to the battery. Had I know I would run the PMA, I wouldn't have even built a battery box.

Kick-Only so no starter solenoid or any of that stuff. Headlight switch is in the bucket, so only 1 hot wire has to be run into the headlight, and 1 run a single wire taillight with a resistor so I can run a single filament type bulb.

So basically, there isn't anything to hide. "Fake" oil bags and that kinda stuff are not my ticket. Fake doesn't belong on a motorcycle.. :thumbsup:

Yeah I hate all that 'fake ' oil-tank stuff too, all I want down there is a battery ! Ive got solid-state reg/rectifiers too. Ill be using Boyer up top.

Same here. I don't have a fake electronics box or anything. I have my reg/rect bolted to my seat post on the stock mount and my capacitor strapped right above it. Then my coil and most of my wiring is under the tank.

this xs from Motoshop Tonochi is definitely the biggest inspiration for my build. zero stretch from what i can gather.

XS650_01-550x343.jpg

395526365.jpg

No stretch. Fake oil tank, with a boyer and mini battery in inside as well as a bunch of wiring.

I had no idea that the Pamco didn't have a ignition box. I would say that is the way to go if you are going to go baltteryless (capcator) I like my Boyer, but its a bitch to hide.....

You should have been on the site while building it instead of just flopping it on us!! Man I love your bike, except the seat. I remember seeing it whenever you joined. Hopefully, you don't care, but otherwise I think it's cool as hell. Also I think I'm going to be on the lookout for a front drum... I kind of like the idea and look.

Thanks Jim. I'm gonna take some opinions into consideration for the next build I will be starting soon. Lets just say that it's going to be uinque......:wink2:

The tractor seat isn't for everyone. It's more of a conversation piece than anything. I have a solid copper fender sitting in my back yard getting nice and crappy looking that will be going on it eventually.

Back