Slimey crud run Sunday Oct 2nd Near Madison WI

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
No sponser no rules just show up, hang out, ride, go home. Goes from when the first rider shows up till they all go home. Usually a few thousand bikes show. Think the HS is my ride unless I get lucky and the 79 standard comes to life by then. Anyone else goin?

http://www.slimeycrudrun.com/

Weather is looking great for Sunday no excuses ride what yah got runnin'.
I am trying to get the 79 road worthy but it's not going yet. The 83 is ready to roll so I got a fall back plan.

1979 standard starlight blue is alive and sounding good, cleaning the rust out of the tank, other details but I think she's goin. Hope to catch yah IRB, Too bad Jeremy isn't going.

Yeah, he's had a rough summer. Hopefully he'll get it together over the "build season" and be running the streets next year.

Well if anyone else is going, wife wants to ride on back and the 79 still has issues so I am riding my Shadow. Hope to see you there! I'll have my black XS650 hoody on.

Here's the pics.
www.bsupply.us/xs650/slimefall11
Great turnout, I'd guess a couple of thousand bikes. Great day for a ride, fall colors are popping.

Met Irydebikes and another XS650 cafe that I haven't seen before. I know the guy with the 75 and I talked to one XS650 bobber guy who's bike died on the way there.

My lovely wife.

slime11001.jpg

slime11037.jpg

slime11057.jpg

slime11077.jpg

The bike with all the crap piled on is mine. The day turned into a diaster after that pic was taken. I wore a snowmobile suit in the morning (32 degrees) but didn't need it after that so I bungie corded it to the back of the bike. 20 miles down the road my not so good tie down job came loose and the suit jammed in the rear wheel at 45mph. I managed to hang on and keep the bike upright but had to take the rear wheel off on the side of the road to unjam the suit. Got it all put back together and running good and then 10 more miles down the road my clutch cable broke at the lever. Between our group members we managed to Mcgyver a fix with a small vise grip, a wrench. zip ties and duct tape. Rode back home 100 miles with no problems. This was my first and maybe last "crud run".

Attachments

• IMG_1066 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_1066 (1024x768).jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 145
Grinder got any better pics? Your bike looks sharp, what I could see anyways...........
Sounds like a very rough day, glad you kept her shiny side up! Spring Slimey crud is only 8 months away...

Great set of pics, Thanks gggGary, seems like a good day, is it my imagination or not, because there seem to be more old guys than younger in the pics.

looked like is was way more fun that most anything one would be doing at home. of cource sliding to a stop at 45 mph is a hell of away to get the HEART beating:yikes:.Good to see you get home OK. And zip ties they are part of my tool kit too.

Gary, here's a better shot. You wouldn't happen to have an extra chain guard laying around for a 77 would you? Mine got a little bent somehow!

Attachments

• IMG_1005 (1024x707).jpg
    IMG_1005 (1024x707).jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 154
It sucks I missed it again. I saves $150 flying to Colorado if I flew out Sunday. And I also went atv riding to with a friend to St. Marys glacier. With all the aspens changing its awesome.

Back