small battery charging

Tia813

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Anyone know how to charge these tiny batteries (12v/0.8a)? I have a car charger that has an 8v/10a setting. Not well versed in battery charging. Googled it and could not find anything.

You would need a very small type charger, like the one for your cell phone. But it has to be 12 volt, and it should have just 800 ma. They are available, probably Radio Shack or even Harbor Freight, I think the maintainer they got is low enough.

I soldered on male butt connectors to my battery. I just use my battery tender to charge it up. Be careful though I've overcharged one by leaving it on too long. I think these batteries will only need about 15 minutes on the tender. I'm not sure this is the best way to charge the battery but it's been working for me.

A minor detail but I think your chager says 6 volts not 8. The 10 amp charge rate will cook that tiny battery, maybe boom!
Most normal sized batteries the charge rate should be 10% of the amp hours. As in the stock battery is 14 amp/hours. 10% of 14 is 1.4. I'm not sure just how that applies to those tiny batteries. 10% of .8 apm hour is .08 apms that would be 80 milliamps. Most small battery chrgers for phones and such are rated like 600-800 milliamps.
Me, I would just use a bit larger battery and not have to worry about it. Maybe 4 amp/hour. But what do I know. I care more about how well something works than how it looks.
Leo

Back