small battery

Well Alfredo, I have heard about ppl doing it successfully. I mean really even if I can get it to work a year at a time... I would live with that. Then I wouldn't have a huge bulky battery to mess with. I was wondering about the Lipos b/c they are not prone to memory charging. Also they are exceptionally small for their power.

The only question I have is what should my max discharge rate be?

Alfredo: Yes I am running this right now in my XS. 12v headlight, tail light, kick only, I have have been running it for 3 months now still no problems. I accidently left my headlight on about a week ago and drained it so I just charged her back up and no problems. If it doesnt work for you I will buy it from you.

Attachments

• 4caa_12.jpg
    4caa_12.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 460
Last edited:
that moped batery on that link is just like the one I saw at the feed store. its sold as a battery for a gate opener system. Its tan though. same price and ratings.
One q though, before I go get it . may seem stupid, but, would I use a car baterry charger on the lowest (2amp) charge rate?

Alfredo: Yes I am running this right now in my XS. 12v headlight, tail light, kick only, I have have been running it for 3 months now still no porblems. I accidently left my headlight on about a week ago and drained it so I just charged her back up and no problems. If it doesnt work for you I will buy it from you.

Well Freak that's a bold statement! My only concern is the damned thing blowing up under my seat from overcharge. I have a PMA

Posted via Mobile

got done installing my little battery this morning. WORKS GREAT!! rode around turning it off starting it up about 10 times this afternoon to see if it would keep starting. no problems!!!

Alfredo: Yes I am running this right now in my XS. 12v headlight, tail light, kick only, I have have been running it for 3 months now still no porblems. I accidently left my headlight on about a week ago and drained it so I just charged her back up and no problems. If it doesnt work for you I will buy it from you.

i have one of these batteries sitting at home awaiting the rest of my banshee stuff so i can do per mag alt.

Any suggestions on same INEXPENSIVE batteries that would work will for an electric start setup. Walmart sells some little 12v bats that are meant for scooters, but they are still $40.

@ BigJim....thank you sir. I'm actually going to buy one of these little ebay bats and see where that gets me.

@ Freak....how did you wire this thing up? Was it as simple as cutting off the connector and wiring red to pos and black to ground?

Big Hamms: Yes it was that simple, i went to Auto Zone and found a quick disconnect type male/female plug so if I needed to take it off I didnt have to re wire it. i will try to get some pics up soon.

@ freak...thanks for the reply. I'm going to run this setup on my scoot. This will help answer the question of how to hide that big ass battery. i look forward to the pics.

Alfredo: Yes I am running this right now in my XS. 12v headlight, tail light, kick only, I have have been running it for 3 months now still no problems. I accidently left my headlight on about a week ago and drained it so I just charged her back up and no problems. If it doesnt work for you I will buy it from you.

Awesome! No need for the guarantee on the battery, but I will take some links on where to buy it and some pics of your setup :D

yeah. this is exciting. too bad mikesxs return policy doesn't allow for returns on electronics and I already bought a new battery :(

what about this one? There is a northern tool local to me and I could pick this up tomorrow. It says it can be mounted in any direction and comes with a 12 month warranty. Could buy two and keep one in my handle bar bag. Then swap it out if it ever dies and take the other for replacement on the house :thumbsup:

Sorry for the delay fella's, Here is my setup and has been working fine, remember kickstart only.

Attachments

• Battery pics 001.jpg
    Battery pics 001.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 720
  • Battery pics 003.jpg
    Battery pics 003.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 975
Guys, think about distributed batteries. Two or even three small batts placed around the bike, wired in series. You get more reserve but in a package that you can easily hide. If one batt goes flat, you still have power.

Also, you can get discharge alarms at JC Whitney I think that beep if the key is off and you have a drain (headlight on, etc.)

If I kill my bike in the middle of a busy intersection I want to be able to hit that starter and get the hell out of the way quick. So, for me I want the juice. My $.02

@ kent....good call brother. Never thought about putting multiple batteries on the bike. that makes good sense. and as small as these batteries are, they are easily hidden.

Side note... I'm from the Northland as well... Went to Park Hill HS and owned a house right off of Barry Road. Currently living in Wentzville, which is a suburb of St. Lou. I hope to have my bike up and running soon, we should hook up. A lot of great riding around Smithville lake.

I don't think you want to wire in series.

If you wire them in series it ups the voltage.

2 batteries 12v+12v= 24v / .8a+.8a=.8a
3 batteries 12+12+12=36v / .8+.8+.8=.8a and so on...

If you wire in parallel it ups the current.

2 batteries 12v+12v=12v / .8a+.8a=1.6a
3 batteries 12+12+12=12v / .8+.8+.8=2.4a and so on...

If I remember my electronics classes right.

Back