Some wiring help needed.

RG,

Thanks for input. I will give this a try tonight and see what happens. Hopefully I can stop :banghead::wtf: and start getting some results as to which direction I need to go.

The readings had a "K" behind them. Sorry I did not type that in my last post.

RG,

I haven't forgetten about your advice. As I am sure anyone who has sold a house before know that it is time consuming. Selling along with packing and relocating takes all the time away from doing other important things....like work the bike! I have not done your suggestions yet. The only one I tried was unplugging the condenser pack. Still no spark so I plugged it back in. One quick "hammer mechanic" trick I tried was checking the leads coming from the secondary side of the coil. Touching those leads to metal with the key in the "ON" position gives me an arch and a spark. So I now know some juice if flowing through the coil. The next questions I need answer; are the points fried or just still dirty or are the wires coming from the points the problem or even maybe some how I have the wires going to points hooked up wrong??:shrug: Is that possible?:confused: I suppose it could be with non metatllic washers and such. Is there a good picture or description somewhere of how they should be connected?

Back