Wanted - Stator for a '78

cmyoch

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
I've determined through a series of tests that I need a new stator. I was thinking of going the Custom Rewind route but money is really tight right now. Does anyone have an extra stator laying around that's in good shape? I'm hoping to get through the season on a good used stator then have my old one rewound later on when I get the cash.

Thanks!

Craig

I see that you have the whole charging system. I'd be interested in your rotor also if it's still available? Were they fully operational and tested before removing them from your bike? What would you want for them? I'm trying to save as much money as I can so I can get back on the road.

The engine ran when the PO had the bike, but I never bothered to wire it back up to run before I stripped it down.

Do you need a puller?

How does $40 shipped for both parts, $50 with puller, and I'll return your money if they don't work, so long as you don't pull a fast one on me and you cover the shipping back to me.

I'd like to see you Z28......

That sounds like a good deal. I'd be interested in your puller too. I'll pm you with my information. As much help as I've gotten from my XS brothers on this forum, the last thing I would do is pull a fast on on anyone here. I assume the '75 parts are compatable with my '78?

I'll post a pic of my Camaro this afternoon.

Thanks again!

Here's my baby. I bought this car 20 years ago when I turned 16 and never got rid of it. I spent the past 20 years working on it to get it where it is today. I still have a ways to go. I was bummed last weekend because I couldn't ride my XS due to it not charging and I have the rear end tore out of the Camaro to replace pinion bearings. I plan on getting her back on the road this weekend. By next week, I hope to have your parts and then I'll be riding too.

Attachments

• Camaro (604x453).jpg
    Camaro (604x453).jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 56
It's a 350 with a 4 speed. She's a real blast to drive and I get complements everywhere I go in it. This was my first car when I turned 16 and never got rid of it. It still needs some work but at least I can do it during the week and drive it on the weekends.

Back