Sump Filter - Cover Removal

I'm having this same problem. Removed six bolts, right? Don't have a big hammer, but I tapped it pretty hard with a standard claw hammer on a piece of wood. Worked in the center and both sides, can't seem to get it loose. Is there something I'm missing?

Sum r beechs to get loose/off. Just keep at it. The six bolts are all there is holding it. . . . well that and what ever the PO used to glue it together.

The PO who sold it to me said he had never removed that plate, and it sat in his garage for at least five years, so I suppose it's probably just stuck. He wasn't the original owner though. I'll keep banging. Thanks.

Mine was stuck on with some sort of gasket goo when I bought it. Couple of decent blows with a rubber mallet and it popped right off.

The PO had snapped the head off one of the bolts so I guess he was worried it would leak. Once the cover was off I was able to wind the offending bolt out with a small pair of vice grips. It wasn't tight at all so I ran a tap through the threads just to be sure they were ok.

Do you have an electric heat gun? Liberal use of such a tool may soften the "glue".
Putting the piece of would on the drain plug puts leverage on it from a different angle, May help.
Leo

Back