Swing arm Bushings

My 650 is in pretty bad need of swing arm bushings, I was wondering about your thoughts of, OEM plastic, Brass, Ball bearing, or Roller bearing replacements.
What are the plus or minus of each?
I would think the roller bearing bushings would be better because of the superior surface
area over ball bearings. Plastic? well If I'm going to go through the work, I don't think Plastic will be going into something that could fail and kill me at 75mph!!:yikes:
thanks
Orion
.................. hi guys i purchase bronze bushes from mikesxs.... i found they are well made and easy to fit regards oldbiker

I installed the MikesXs roller bearing kit when I did the chassis work. The bike hasn't been on the road yet but hinge action is of the swingarm is extremely smooth with zero discernable off axis wiggle room on the assembly. My swingarm is stretched 4 inches and I wanted real good fit it the pivot..I think I got it.

Time will tell but I don't think that creating a wear pattern from the individual rollers is going to be an issue. Two sets of rollers makes for a pretty good total contact patch to spread the load. I have no desire to do the math but the surface contact of four roller gages on the ouside of the hardened sleeve may not be a whole lot different than what you get with the inside race two bronze bushings. And...they're hardened and they roll.

After reading this thread I looked around and find three different roller bearing kits, Hieden's, All Balls and Mikes. They all vary in design a bit and Mikes is the only one with four roller cages. Does anybody have first hand experience with developing a wear pattern from the rollers and which kit succumbed to the load at the rollers?

XStretchified

Back