The Evil Twin...

Got some time to lay down the clear coats today.
Also got my wheel back from getting laced up and balanced.
Now to start putting this thing back together.

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

t2.jpg

Started putting things back together today.

Got the front end back together and fender on.
r1.jpg

Engine and back wheel installed
r2.jpg

seat and shocks on
r3.jpg

made a battery holder and installed...
r4.jpg

Got the front brake's together too. BLING!!!
r5.jpg

r5.jpg

got lots more done too. I'll upload more tomorrow when i can.

Last edited:
got lots done today too...

new sprockets and chain installed
r7.jpg

oil can and ignition switch installed
r8.jpg

made my rear fender struts
r9.jpg

Engine covers installed
r10.jpg

r11.jpg

Foot pegs and rear brakes installed
r12.jpg

new coil and wires installed
r13.jpg

test fitting new carbs - luckily they clear the oil can!
r14.jpg

Well....
I got my tank today and i HATE IT!
So looks like I'm gonna have to go with a sportster tank for now.
I'll get another tank in the new year i guess.

Heres the one i got, just because it's a little different and has the ribbed center to match my rear fender.

But its definitely not my style when i saw it on the bike.
Sorry no pics on the bike

It may be for sale if anyone digs it.:(

tank.jpg

That's too bad about the tank. I kept looking at those, but couldn't find how deep the tunnel was, or even a picture of the front of the tank tunnel. Did it sit too high?

Kent

That's too bad about the tank. I kept looking at those, but couldn't find how deep the tunnel was, or even a picture of the front of the tank tunnel. Did it sit too high?

Kent

Tunnel is 2.5 wide and deep, front to back.
Sits OK.
But for me i like it low and mean.
This tank seems wide enough, but not very tall so just looked odd to me.
Some people probably love that look i guess.
Plus there would need lots of spot putty to get this thing the way i want it. Around the gas cap especially.

cool. im havin a hard time deciding on tanks too. really wanted a dished tank and found one on ebay and its only 135, all the others are way over 200...

cool. im havin a hard time deciding on tanks too. really wanted a dished tank and found one on ebay and its only 135, all the others are way over 200...

I hear ya. But for me the tank makes the whole bike look proper. So if you really love a certain one the $ is just another drop in the bucket on a build.
So it sucks that i can't get the tank i want till next year sometime.

But i got lots of paint so i guess the tank isn't that big of a deal at this point. I'll move forward and spray the sporty tank tomorrow i guess.
I don't even know if this thing is gonna run yet :D

well judging by your last build... you'll be fine.. im in the same boat with the motor, not sure if she'll run. and painting... I really wish I could paint this time of year. Chicago is now cold and I just want to make progress and am stuck til I get a garage heater. I tattoo for a living and am into all kinds of art including airbrushing but the fumes are bad.. I'm envyious!!!!

well judging by your last build... you'll be fine.. im in the same boat with the motor, not sure if she'll run. and painting... I really wish I could paint this time of year. Chicago is now cold and I just want to make progress and am stuck til I get a garage heater. I tattoo for a living and am into all kinds of art including airbrushing but the fumes are bad.. I'm envyious!!!!

Thats why i moved to LA can ride and build all year (originally from Toronto) 10+ years ago.
I tattooed for years as well (still do occasionally).

I'm sure this will run - i was just being funny.
:thumbsup:

OK so I sprayed my temporary tank today.
Turned out pretty awesome actually. I'm sure this will do the trick for the time being.

Laid down the base coats
ps1.jpg

Clear Coats done - good to go.
ps2.jpg

ps3.jpg

Got all the wiring finished today.
Can probably start this thing up tomorrow.:D

This bike could be finished tomorrow, BUT my new bars won't be here till Tuesday:(

Just set the tank on to see how it looks
r15.jpg

Installed my brake and license holder
r16.jpg

fitting exhaust
r17.jpg

Made a headlight mount and got it mounted
r18.jpg

putting the kill switch under the tank, it wont really be visible but still accessible.
r19.jpg

Wiring all done and everything works.
r20.jpg

r21.jpg

Back