The Official Michigan Thread

Tie the clutch lever back, then use the kick start and kick it. This should break the clutch loose. You can tie the clutch back and try pushing the bike back and forth too.
If one of those don't work, drain the oil, pull the right side cover off and pull the clutch apart to get the plates apart. Reassemble back the way it was. Making sure the hole in the pressure plate is over the dimple in the hub.
Use a hand impact tool on the screws on the clutch springs or you will strip out the heads.
On the carbs www.amckayltd.com/carbguide.pdf download load it, print it out. Read it till you you understand it. Use it to clean and rebuild your carbs. Then use it to adjust and tune your carbs.
If you do this then your bike can run as well as it should.

touche, it seems that the nicer days come during the week and the shitty ones on the weekend. Oh well lil rain never hurt no body haha

this weather is bullshit. not gunna lie, the hint of sun today made me want to ride, so i went to my buddys where i keep my bike, the bastard took mine and drove it to work today before i could get to it haha

ann arbor

IMG00103-20110414-1314-1.jpg

I'm in the Howell area. My daily rider is a 75' xs650B Hope to see some of ou guys out there.

xs.jpg

Just added a sissy bar to get the grocerys home.

sissy.jpg

If you see this guy, it's me.

MistakeontheLake072.jpg

bought one more: 1996 CBR 600 F3

to go with: 1981 XS650

and this one: started life as 1981 XS650

and this one: 1995 VS800

and this one: 1993 VS1400

and this one: 2005 DRZ400SM

getting closer to one for everyday of the week! rawxs

Stone Hands here. New to the site. Have a 72 XS2 ready to hit the road just cleaning up the inside of the tank. Rust and crap removal. Drink Grey Goose, Good old Miller or PBR's. Work in Detroit in the Davison/Dexter area. Love the sound of gunfire in the morning. Live in Jackson Michigan. Have a 2005 Harley Road Glide, just sold my 850 Norton Commando and the 650 I am putting back together. Will send pics shortly.

Wow! I seriously thought of calling on it yesterday. I work on the south side of Lansing, but my daughter had her spring concert last night, so no time to look at it. Plus, I already have 4 xs650s and cash is tight right now..

Except for those bars it looks pretty much stock. Good score. $350 with a title it don't even need to turn over at that price. If it turns over and runs, call the cops, you stole that one. :laugh: :thumbsup: :bike:

Yep its all stock minus the bars, turns over, good compression, the carbs move nicely. Even the paint is nice, just covered by a layer of dust, ill be cleaning it up this weekend and going through the carbs, will try to get it started this weekend, even the inside of the tank is clean, no rust, I'm hoping I lucked out and this can become my new daily rider.

Are you selling this? It is a 1972 XS2. I have had two of them in my life. The first was when I bought a new one in 1972. Does it run? Let me know if you are selling or bragging! You could have alot of fun with that machine.

Based on what you are seeing and showing you should buy a lottery ticket today! It's a great find. The tank alone with the paint and clean insides is worth more than what you paid for the entire bike. Good job.

Back