The Official Texas Thread

Hey guys just sayin' hi. I'm here in dusty ass Amarillo. Stopped by for a look around and decided to join. I'm in the middle of a cb750 build.

Damn, I opened this thread for the fuck of it (i'm in Jersey) and i see so many complainers. Guys, you know what the weather is like right here RIGHT now? It's raining. You know what it'll be doing tomorrow? Raining. Cut your complaining out lol

Damn, I opened this thread for the fuck of it (i'm in Jersey) and i see so many complainers. Guys, you know what the weather is like right here RIGHT now? It's raining. You know what it'll be doing tomorrow? Raining. Cut your complaining out lol

You know what; we don't care how your weather is up North! It's FN great down here.:eek::laugh: Just kidding!

Appreciate the welcome. Yeah, I saw that Pyroman and also Mr.Bill were both from the big windy A. Now, I might have a couple of connections to help me find my xs which will be next. I wanted to do an xs this time, but I couldn't find one and settled for the cb.

Hey PB, welcome to the forum. I am in Canyon. Let Me know if Ya need any CB750 parts, I got a Buddy that prolly has what ya need. I think He has some XS650 for sale, too....PM Me anytime.

Posted via Mobile

Thx, I'll do that. Just last week I misplaced two valve spring seat washers, (parts on national backlog). So, that's good to know.

Hey, pm me if you come to town this weekend. I'll be workin' on the bike, and there's always cold beer to choke the dust down.

MmmmmBEER, Good! I will have My XS at the metric show at Sharps in May. Come out and say hi. Not sure what other bikes I will show. My Buddy is bringing His Bennelli Six cylinder, for the Vintage Class, which is open to all antique.I may bring My indian. it is a fun time.:wink2:

Posted via Mobile

MmmmmBEER, Good! I will have My XS at the metric show at Sharps in May. Come out and say hi. Not sure what other bikes I will show. My Buddy is bringing His Bennelli Six cylinder, for the Vintage Class, which is open to all antique.I may bring My indian. it is a fun time.:wink2:

Posted via Mobile

got any info on this show?

Soon.... There are two bikes I just got. A 75' and a 80' getting ready for a 75' bobber/chopper project with 750cc 277• rephase.

I live in Bedford, tx and have been lurking the forum for a while now trying to learn as much as i can before i get an old xs650 from craigslist, just waiting for the right bike to pop up for sale. theres no telling how much work will need to be put in it but it doesnt bother me because i want to learn everything about building and customization of bikes. I know very little about motorcycles other than riding them. I have most tools needed to accomplish what i wanted to do with the bike except a welder.

anyway, anybody out there willing to sort of take on a side-side project to get this bike running and also allow me to learn what i can in the process? sort of like a apprenticeship deal whenever there is time. i will be willing to pay some money for your time and teachings.

its kinda a shot in the dark, but i just dont know anybody that builds.

Back