The Official Texas Thread

Welcome to the forum, northtexas_firefighter. There's a LOT going on in here, very knowledgeable, energetic, creative members. Familiarize yourself with the forum 'tech' section and the search tools, there's a lifetime of info here...

Thanks. I have already searched through a couple pages and hit the tech section. Started trouble shooting the issue with my 650 and had to do an upper disassembly to free stuck piston. Now gotta find a machine shop to do some work to head and cylinders. Debating on tearing the lower apart but that intimidates me with all the gears and such. Would rather tear that a part with someone experienced to show me the ropes and help elevate my concerns and worries.

Last edited:
Hey north Texas I'm in fortworth new builder my self don't let it scare you I just stared at my bike for like a month but once you start you will gain the confidence it really isn't has hard as it seems just a little intimidating for us guys with out the experience. Good luck if I can help just let me know.

Well dang. I started breaking down the lower assembly and so far it has bit me in the butt. I was following some techniques mention on a forum about removing the clutch basket and disaster struck. :yikes: Tools slipped and one of the tabs on the outer basket snapped off. :banghead: Looks like I'll have to add that to the parts list as well as new clutch disks.

I'm in the southwest Arlington/Kennedale area. I have a 2000 sqft shop, lots of extra room if anyone wants to have a place to work on their bikes. I have a couple projects going. Would be cool to have some other enthusiasts to work with. Pm me if you want to chat or something. I've got a pretty good collection of extra parts too.

OK. I had a little talk with the case this evening. The 18 bolts and nuts agreed with me and cooperated. The upper and lower parts od the case were a different story. But, with a little assistance, and some persuasion from my rubber mallet, we finally all got on the same page and it saw things my way. LOL. Now I have the case apart and ready for inspection tomorrow.

On another note, what does everyone use to clean their parts? I have a lot of oil and grease to clean on the case. I thought about trying to find a place to take the case, cylinder, heads and cover to have them cleaned and head rebuilt since that is out of my skill level.

Also, does anyone in my area happen to have a tool to pull the rotor so I can replace the oil seal on the crank shaft? I'll meet up with someone where ever for the assistance. I am finding it hard to buy a tool that I will only use once.

Hey North Texas there is a thread ( floating tools ) with the puller being passed around I just had in FortWorth a couple weeks ago sent it out already but it is only $4.00 shipping then you pass it on to the next guy in line.

Hello guys! From corsicana just south if Dallas! Lookin to start an xs 650 build and I'm in dire need of an engine! Anyone have anything Layin around? Thanks!!

Back