The Stovetop Scrambler: 1974 tx650 Scrambler Rebuild

Ah. pardon my ignorance..

yes, it's quite smooth! it looks like silver aluminum paint in person

Build is looking good. I really dig that tailight.

I have been looking on Ebay for a funky taillight but I cant find anything I like. I might try to build one out of junk.

+1 on that light. I see another future product offering ! Build looks tight!

Build is looking good. I really dig that tailight.

I have been looking on Ebay for a funky taillight but I cant find anything I like. I might try to build one out of junk.

img1265oz.jpg

img1263f.jpg

img1261kaa.jpg

img1256ea.jpg

img1252g.jpg

img1251ss.jpg

Looking good! I really like the simplicity of your build. Looks "small" and light weight. In a good way!

Do you have foam in those velocity stacks? Dirt from the rear tire might kill the engine pretty quick?

Pekka

I have the stock plastic fender liner thing at my shop, but will probably make a lexan one to guard the motor/carbs from debris.

the stacks are filtered a bit by very small mesh, and I think I will get some uni foam for the inside.

thanks for te comments and feedback guys ;)

Right now it looks like I need to rebalance the front wheel/tire, get a better sync on the carbs, and an overall tune. there is a local xs guru that lives in te mountains near me that I think I may have do a once over on the bike.

I'm getting an odd, rhythmic squeal from the right side case. I am going to change the oil again, and go back to rotella to see if that solves it.

The pamco/pma swap is great. I haven't really done a proper time job but it starts first kick and nothing dims at idle.

Looks great Tron, I love the creativity and overall look of the bike, btw how are those rear shocks working out? I'm really tempted to get a pair myself at that price.

Thanks for the comments everyone..

The shocks seem decent enough.. I cant say im have a sensitive butt per-say, but they seem to work. I may go for some longer ones next year though.

Nice job on the bike!! This is most likely ignorance on my end but where is the battery in this baby? I know you have the electronics in the "pan" you built.

No battery, just a sparx capacitor.

Bikes currently down with a bad stator. Trying to get a hold of hugh as we speak :(

Thanks guys.

The front disk is a drilled rd400 disk. Bit thicker than stock..

Last edited:
Back