Thinkin about starting an xs club in portland

Hey guys, new the forums and so stoked to see this thread. I'm in NE Portland and would love to join in on some meet ups. Problem is I can't seem to get my XS Running. Can anyone point me to a good mechanic who knows about XS650s and also understands pamco/Pma setups in the area.

I'll be staining my GF's deck in Forest Grove on Sunday.

But, weather permitting, I hope to get a cup of caffeine and a breakfast sammich at See See Motorcycle/Coffee (16th & Sandy) about 10:00 on Saturday.

I've been there twice and it's a relaxed place to enjoy their excellent library of motorcycle literature for an hour. It would be cool to shoot the shit with some XS650 riders too. Drop by!

I'm busy all weekend. Maybe next?

I try to get my Saturday or Sunday morning cup of coffee at See See, just to get out for a quick ride and see some cool bikes - usually some nice new/old Beemers and Guzzis in the mix.

Not really thrilled with the antics of my last two mechanics, I ran into a rider there who wrenches on XS650's at a local shop. Seems to know a lot about them, so he's next when something breaks or needs tweaking.

Hope to see some other 650's at See See on Sat around 10am... exchange wish-lists for parts, ideas, resources, etc.

Last edited:
Went to See See on Saturday morning and buzzed up on caffeine. Mine was the only XS650, but there were lots of dual sports (several Beemers that all left together), and a cool looking Royal Enfield Bullet.

But this post isn't to announce that I drink coffee. Rather, I want to share something from the bulletin board that was not there last week. Heads up everybody! I hope this oxygen bandit either tires of his stupid hobby and quits. Or gets caught and righteously stomped.

warning_zpsddb17380.jpg

Last edited:
I am not far away from having my 81 on the road again. Hopefully I can get up there to Portland before the weather turns sour for the rest of the year.... there really aren't any XS650s down here in Salem that I've seen.

~Revanoff2~

I would like to join you but I could not. Because I don't live in that area. But one thing is sure that you will definitely find your group. All the best for your xs club.

I am definitely going to the show, and probably will ride unless it is raining and the gf wants to come. Going to be on the old vstrom but at least it is two wheels!

Unapologetic fair weather rider here. If it's dry I'm in. Which day(s)? Meet when and where?

BTW, as long as we're mostly Portlanders here, I'll ask you guys:

Can anyone recommend a local shop to sand blast or media blast a spare tank and 2 side covers for me? I want to see what bare metal looks like without any added marks from my own sanding, scraping, etc. Who knows? I might just protect them that way if they look cool.

Can anyone recommend a local shop to sand blast or media blast a spare tank and 2 side covers for me? I want to see what bare metal looks like without any added marks from my own sanding, scraping, etc. Who knows? I might just protect them that way if they look cool.

If what you really want is the paint removed, check out American Metal Cleaning near Delta Park. There is a media blaster up that way too. American metal can strip paint off anything. Watch out if your tank has pot metal bungs. The caustics can eat them.

Sorry I don't have a good media blasting recommendation, but I know there us one up there. I think it is Wheeler Dr?

I am two hours away from Portland--unfortunately it's Portland, Maine. Good luck in your endeavour. Sounds like a great idea. You might find some takers in the VJMC Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club They probably have members in Portland.

VOSA VOSA VOSA, sseres WILL HAVE A BIKE TOGETHER BEFORE WE GET TO SEE YOURS!

Shit man, I know and it is killing me! I am still swamped with work, although I am slowly making progress. I had thought this next month would be it, but now I am actually headed to France for six weeks right after The One Show.

So... when is everyone wanting to go to the show? We should organize a time or ride beforehand maybe?

Back