• Trikes are motorcycles

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Salute them anyway

Votes: 12 25.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I belong to an antique motorcycle club and a few of our members own trikes. Almost all of them have ridden 50+ years on two wheels and changed to a trike for health reasons. I always give trike riders a wave on the highway. You are saluting the rider, not the bike.

Having said that, I still think Spyders are just snowmobiles with wheels............

-resto

...Perhaps we should salute with the index and little finger depicting a parallel twin? :wtf:

Oh, yeah, Hook em Horns!

080106eldiablo_medium.jpg

Using the excuse to ride a trike because you lost an arm or hand is bullshit. We had a customer that had only one arm and simply got rid of the front brake and swap over the clutch to the right side handlebar. Problem solved. :thumbsup:

Riding a Honda ATC is simple, once you get your head around the fact that you have to ride it like you're on a roadracer and hang off on the inside of a corner. STUPID people are the ones that deemed them "un-safe". :rolleyes:

Would'nt want to ride anything you build. (yeah lets just remove the brakes it'll be alright there are plenty of other vehicles, walls and fences we can run into that will stop us:yikes:)

well , look at it this way if its got 2/3 wheels will give a finger or 2 , 4 wheels will kick in the doors when they try to run you into something ,main thing is full breeze on the face, and when we get to be old farts a extra wheel might come in handy (also maybe more more h/p so you can over take d/heads who bought something out of a stylish buy a bike catalogue--you too can be a biker for $9.85) (just after kidney transplants done cheap )

My understanding of the two fingers low is it's a "V" for the Harley "V" twins. The California Hells Angels used to actually slap hands as they passed each other. :eek: Perhaps we should salute with the index and little finger depicting a parallel twin? :wtf:

Nah, two down is well wishing the other rider to "Keep two wheels low" and not high side.

Nice MX5 Pete, but I don't see that yours is a higher bid. You'll have to show your cards. :D

The vanity plate "MIATARU" is my high card. "MIATARU" is Japanese for "I have found it!" Equivalent to our "Eureka!" Only one available per state. When you get yours, you can pick up the pot! :D

miataru.jpg

OK Pete, I give in; now that you have translated, is see that its a very classy plate :thumbsup:

With Japanese being only my 5th language, I thought you were trying to approximate something like "Miatas-R-Us" and didn't quite make it :wink2:

Check out what the DMV handed me in a luck-of-the-draw last year when I upgraded to a NYS "Gold Plate". I typically have very little luck.

Attachments

• all.else 006.jpg
    all.else 006.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 221
Trikes have their place, as stated. Riders who have the desire and wherewithal to attempt or succeed still riding after an incident, more power to them!

Voyager kits are just lazy and cumbersome.....and laughable (and still technically 4 wheels).

No vanity plate here Pete and Dude. Alas three Mazdas aren't a crowd.... mine's a coupe, and rotary powered!

She's a dirty lil girl with big german boobs! :D:thumbsup:

Attachments

• DSCF1187.jpg
    DSCF1187.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 193
SO cool to see that another RX-7 is alive and well. They are rarely seen anymore in central new york. Perhaps this is because NO ONE is willing or able to work on the engines, and that includes the dealers. My '88 TurboII 10th Special was my favorite car of all of my 45 years of driving; although I got to know that engine intimately, the factory rebuilt engine had glitches that no mechanic could sort out. I sold it, then had a long cry :(. She was a beauty:

Attachments

• rx7_0002.jpg
    rx7_0002.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 219
  • rx7_0001.jpg
    rx7_0001.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 201
Nice ride! I bet the NY DEQ LOVE those rotary emissions :laugh:

.....There is a RE5 within 4 miles of my place, I know the guy, he knows what he's got, but it hasn't moved in over a decade. :( I guess i'll have to take it off his hands and bring it to a good home. :thumbsup:

Mmmmmm, rotary......Dammit!

.......I do have a spare 12A and auto tranny that I could put in a trike......HA!

I didn't build it......MY CUSTOMER DID! Learn to read, you tard.

MY bike at the time was a '75 RD350 with an added disc in the front, swapped to TZ750 magnesium calipers and stainless brake lines. I could stand it on it nose at speed (and did more than once).

You made no reference to who removed the brake but referenced it with a WE, as for your abusive reply one of many you have made over the forum just shows your own ignorance and lack of manners.

One can never have too many projects 2M!

I had an RX7 that I really liked. It got 18mpg highway. You could get about that same mileage and twice the power by dropping a 302 Ford in it.

When the one in my car goes BOOM, I do have a 5.0 interceptor, AOD tranny, and matched 8.8 rear end, plus driveline from an '85 LTD cop car.....:D

I reserve manners only for those that I find deserving of that level of respect. I have found VERY few here that qualify. I have found that most here, when it comes to bikes, wouldn't know the difference between a spark plug and their butt.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Imagine that. IMAGINE the confusion one would carry around if that simple ability to differentiate between a spark plug and a BUTT were lost or, possibly worse, never learned. Would it simply end there? I mean, I remember the days of 'baby shit and apple butter' and 'ass from a hole in the ground', I mean. Those were classics. S2R has really opened up a new genre tho. Do we credit him? Anoint him with accolades and gifts? You start thinking of the 'wasted spark' ignition system and WHAM! I shudder to THINK! Me? I'm not a 'butt' kinda guy, but now I have to wonder... Is my bike 'missing' or 'stuttering' BECAUSE of this mix up??? Hmmmm. Yuck. Wow.

I reserve manners only for those that I find deserving of that level of respect. I have found VERY few here that qualify.

Seems there are some manners lacking in regards to what this site is designed, and been successful, for.

I have found that most here, when it comes to bikes, wouldn't know the difference between a spark plug and their butt.

That's the whole point of the site. A few help the many to learn to differentiate. Are you here to help or hinder?

I guess you need to ask your self is, "Why should i stay if the site doesn't meet my criteria"

Last edited by a moderator:
After riding dirt bikes for years, in 1984 I purchased new a KXT 250 Kawasaki Tecate 3 wheeler. That machine has to be the hardest to control vehicle I have ever ridden. In my opinion whether you ride a café, bobber, hardtail, three wheeler, trike, dirt bike, Harley, Yamaha, or a side car you're still a motorcycle enthusiast. If it doesn't have doors its a bike.

In my collection of 9 bikes they are all different even my 4 XS's and at almost 59 I still have my 3 wheeler and consider it one of my bikes.

Back