Tire Paint

shafti76

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions on white paint I could use to fill in the lettering on my tires to make the lettering really stand out?

Thanks

Auto parts stores usually have lettering pens in different colors. Many tires are available with raised white letters to fit the 19 inch front and 16 inch rear, but I'm not so sure on the 18 inch rear.

Thanks I have the tires, just want to dress them up a bit. I'll check out a couple of stores.

I love the old-school bobbers and such with the really large (Hoosier, for instance) white branding on the sidewalls. Saw such a bike in a pic just last night, and now can't find it.

TC

I posted elsewhere that I used Ranger Tire Paint... cheap enough.. the white slightly yellows for some reason but still looks fine. I did my chopper and my scooter and will do the sportbike this summer. 1 can lasts forever.

Attachments

• paintedfrontxs650.JPG
    paintedfrontxs650.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 220
  • tirepaint2ndcoat.jpg
    tirepaint2ndcoat.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 229
  • 100_1058 (Small).JPG
    100_1058 (Small).JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 204
Anyone have any suggestions on white paint I could use to fill in the lettering on my tires to make the lettering really stand out?

Thanks

Go to a store like Hobby Lobby/Craft store. Sharpie Markers make paint pens in assorted sized tips. Clean off lettering with alcohol and go at it. Worked well for me.

Back