Tire question

pyroman

Pyroman
Reaction score
OK, will try this again. I am not happy with the tires on My XS Street Tracker, and am thinking of putting on some Dunlop K-70's. I think I remember hearing some complaints about handling with those tires, but didnt find it in a search here.I dont ride the bike very aggressively, mainly just around town , pissin off the LEO's. The last pair I had were on my 72 Triumph, and that has been a few years. Any input on those Dunlops? thanks!:thumbsup:

I've got a couple sets of tires on different rims, kinda a change for looks when I feel like it. I have a Dunlop Qualifier rear that I like and a 404 rear that I'm equally fond of, though my bike is just a cruiser, not sure of the K-70's or what you would need for the street tracker.

OK, will try this again. I am not happy with the tires on My XS Street Tracker, and am thinking of putting on some Dunlop K-70's. I think I remember hearing some complaints about handling with those tires, but didnt find it in a search here.I dont ride the bike very aggressively, mainly just around town , pissin off the LEO's. The last pair I had were on my 72 Triumph, and that has been a few years. Any input on those Dunlops? thanks!:thumbsup:
Pyro, had K70s on several bikes....mostly Triumphs and Honda 350 and 450s......don't know how much the compound has changed but then they were an alright tire for just cruising around, weren't too bad on the occasional gravel or dirt road......but they totally and completely sucked in the rain! One of my friends on another forum says that the rain problem hasn't changed a bit!
Hope this helps some.

I think Dunlop makes the K81 too. The tread is close to the same. Wider grooves for better water evacuation. Should be better in the rain.
J&P list both in the metric catalog.

I've got the K-70s on the 19"front and 18"rear spoked wheels. When I ordered them there were 2 widths in the catalogue - I wanted the wider ones, but the narrow ones were what I got:mad:.
Hard for me to compare, b/c I had the Special mags on this bike (wider 16" rear) before these wheels, the only difference I felt was the K70s feel a little unsettled but they steer much faster and lighter. I like the looks of them!

Back