top end rebuild$

I'd budget $250-300 to start. That just about covers all the gaskets you'll need, a new cam chain, front chain guide, and other sundries. Cost goes up if you start replacing valves, pistons, rings..etc...

That's been my experience anyhow...twice. Good times, and a really fun project as well. Seriously, it's a relatively simple job.

If you do all the work yourself, you can do it for about $200. That would include a gasket set, rings, cam chain, and front guide. If you need to bore it, that will add another $200 to $300 depending how much the machine shop charges.

From a light hone and a set of oversize rings and gaskets to new pistons/rings/gudgeon pin/clips, front guide, cam chain, Gaskets, valve grind, valve seals and valves............... You wont know what you need till you open it up and then it is up to the engine, check out MikesXS/650central for the parts cost. no one can tell you how much it will cost you unless you strip it first

Thank you, that doesnt sound to bad. I just noticed my engine doesnt have the bolts under the spark plug,anyone kmow what size ? I was wondering if thats why my compression could be on the low side.......

Some people that post on this site just amaze me. We have to introduce you to freddy3, you two are 2 peas in the same pod, lol.

Back