trike

- when i saw that black trike above - and yes i did see it first time round, being married ive learned a little about multi-tasking - i had one of those ah ah! moments - been sitting on a motor for about 25 years that i simply had no vision for

Sorry guys I just cant see anything cool about having a trike, I think (just my opinion) they are ugly as sin, and having three different track paths must make them bumpy as hell.

don't seem to be able to just get the pictures from this site,but this is my idea of a trike,the ones towards the bottom of the page anyway,

www.nhca.co.uk/home/nhca.htm

click on pictures then on trikes,bit long winded but its the only way I know how

...one of my cousins recent projects - traditional concept - he built an automatic shift version with a vw subframe and motor for a mate disabled in an accident

BrendansTrike144-1.jpg

BrendansTrike147-1.jpg

BrendansTrike148-1.jpg

BrendansTrike149-1.jpg

well mellowyellow like i said i am building it for a bother of mine that was in a wreck and cant hold a bike up anymore and i dont want him to give up riding:bike:

Last edited:
Sorry guys I just cant see anything cool about having a trike, I think (just my opinion) they are ugly as sin, and having three different track paths must make them bumpy as hell.

Yeah I know what you mean. I've never liked the looks of a trike that's a harley front end with a couple of car tires on the back. But I do like the reverse trikes a lot more. And for someone who is disabled or injured, something like a Can-Am Spyder or the traditional Harley trike might be what they need to get back on the open road. And as far as me wanting a trike, it wouldn't be your traditional trike that stays upright on its own; it would be a reverse tilting trike with two motorcycle tires up front that lean with you in the turns. Like the Brudeli pictures attached below with a bigger motor (SV1000) and more of a mechanical look. With the extra tire contact patch up front and a low center of gravity, they can out perform 2 wheeled bikes in cornering on almost any surface.

Attachments

• brudeli625l03.jpg
    brudeli625l03.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 219
  • brudeli625l02.jpg
    brudeli625l02.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 362
  • brudeli625l01.jpg
    brudeli625l01.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 276
for some reason that just dont look that safe to me :shrug:and i kinda like the rear wheeld trikes myself just my :twocents: damn its been along time since i used this :banghead: lol had to use it once more :doh:

:laugh: @ :banghead:

It's plenty safe! I would argue it's much safer than a two-wheeled motorcycle. They balance, turn, and feel like a two-wheeled bike, but have the added benefit of a low center of gravity and two tire contact patches. From what I've read, if you got on one and didn't look down, you wouldn't know you weren't on a two-wheeled bike.

...one of my cousins recent projects - traditional concept - he built an automatic shift version with a vw subframe and motor for a mate disabled in an accident .....

That is pretty cool looking for a traditional trike.

Your cousin has some skills. How much boost is he able to run? How does the automatic shift work?

- youre as bad as my taxman with the questions :devil:
...give me a day or 2 to answer, have to find his email address:D

- the trike for his mate built i think 78 was 1700cc VW beetle motor and automatic trans mounted to rear VW subframe simply unbolted out of a car, rolling, easily converted to trike from there...hand throttle, front and rear brakes on the bars, hand shift...pretty standard stuff these days

shoecar_red.jpg

- dont spose ya bro's thinking about moving to oz..go priscilla!

latrike2.jpg

- showtime

BE043163.jpg

- vintage reverse trike...eat your heart out henry

I cropped this picture so it's easier to get a good look at this trike. Anyone notice the ball smasher by her knee? Don't hit the brakes too hard!

Attachments

• jailhouse.jpg
    jailhouse.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 296
- had to go back to the original to get a little perspective :wink2:
- the shift doesnt so much worry me, what concerned me most was the open drive belts - wouldnt want my jeans to catch there - still, my pulse starts doing strange things when viewing that particular combo

Back