Turn signals

Nine_Iron

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, just sitting here thinking and I thought it would be nice if all 4 turn signal bulbs on my 75 would be on constantly with the headlight/taillight. Then when the blinker is initiated the turn signal blinks from on to off instead of off to on......hope that makes sense. lol

Anybody toyed with this option? Is it legal in most states? I'm thinking a different signal relay that allows constant power then interrupts power to blink the turn signal?

it could be done but to high of draw on the charging system 27x4 watts =108 watts =9 amps get dual filament lights 1157 bulbs are 27 watt brake/turn signal +3 watt tail light/running lights 3x4 watt =12w =1 amp

I am going to make it soon, I dont have that draw problem because I have leds... I will show you the relay configuration...

A simple way to do this is get 2 relays from the auto parts store.
Wire one of the "closed" switch contacts to the left side signal lights and the other to the fuse for the signals. Or you could add a separate fuse.
Signals should now be on with ignition.
The left turn signal wire from the turn signal switch connects to one side the "relay coil" connection and the other "relay coil" connection goes to ground.
This will cause the relay to "open" when the flasher is engaged and the light will go "off-on"
Might flash a bit slow so you may need to try different flasher modules.
Duplicate for the right side.

I was thinking the same as xs650 bobber, LED's are starting to be all the craze and prices are becoming cheaper and cheaper. I actually thought about running one or two LED's into the light housing and hard wiring them to the headlight/taillight. I figured they would be brighter than the actual signal bulb though. if anybody has done this or successfully achieved what we're talking about here I'd love to see examples or diagrams! :)

Thanks guys!

I always make my stop and tail lights with leds, I dont know if that way is cheaper but I have fot sure that never blow off any led, my idea for the turn lights was that when I turn on the turn light their turn on, when I turn on the tail light the turn lights stay on and when I used the turn lights the side what I use turn off and then on and again, I make this some time ago in a toyota.

Nice Bobber....that does look pretty cool. I do plan on replacing everything with LED's (except the headlight obviously) but I am just really looking for a way to switch the continuity of the turn signals. All 4 turn signals on continuous with the headlight/taillight like marker lights and then when the turn signals are initiated I want them to go from "on to off" instead of "off to on". I'm assuming this would be a relay issue but I just can't figure it out.

:umm: Can you have amber lights that are always on facing the rear or do they need to be red? :umm:

Oops 75, yours ARE red and now so am I

Back