Two Four Build

Well team, got some inspiration to finish this build this past week. Spent 350 miles on a Street Glide in Phoenix and realised how much I miss street riding. Will be taking inventory this weekend for the remaining engine parts and pushing forward to get that built.

New deadline for the bike, I am entered as a builder!
Kickstart_2018_large.jpg

Spent some time digging through parts and doing some case cleaning. I really want to blast these cases but I don’t know if I want to commit to the post blast clean up....but it would look so good!

247905B9-7E5E-4E68-A9CA-D74D32DF2DB4.jpeg
Finally took these cases to soda blast them - not as clean as I would have liked but better than the cheap paint and grease on them before! More after pics to come.

789CF063-AECA-4262-8E62-23468D6A363A.jpeg

Got the 5th gear overdrive on the transmission today as well. 44 days until the local show - better get on it!

6B73448F-C8B7-41C8-A365-C10393CFC390.jpeg E7B51DE7-05A2-4356-BD55-B1C8742C45F3.jpeg

Pushing along on this build. Final case cleaning and the start of reassembly!!

Question for the team - will this diaphragm work or is it time for new ones?

D5EEFA84-1FC9-4C98-B23E-5E0E490C8BE7.jpeg

If I need to do both of these plus new floats plus new everything else - is it just cheaper and easier to buy the new carbs from tc bros etc?

Got my rings gapped, can chain guides in, and jugs on!
59C7B572-41E1-4ED2-9746-470AA32C3C0F.jpeg

Also banging off the tank - never thought I’d use a Volvo colour on a chop but here it is in Rebel Blue. Still needs clear.
CF9C6073-CE04-49D1-816D-EFA72DF6E969.jpeg

Exactly 4 weeks from today is the show - I got this right?

2F79352C-8B53-475B-A1A3-A101D5C269D6.jpeg
Well I did make the show back in may but it wasn’t running. I then had a bunch of work and family commitments that kept me out of the shop. I am determined to ride this bike before the end of the season, coming quick here in Calgary!

I did get it running today - video to follow.

Couple issues:

1. Xsperformance carbs are leaking right through. When I turn on my peacock fuel runs into the carbs and right out the drain hose - float issue? I am searching right now.

2. Need to finish wiring - no big deal there

3. Seat - doesnt fit the monster craftsman best kit and need to locate one that does - ideas here?

Aiming for end of the month - distinguished gentleman’s ride to get this on the road.

Not my style Bezz - but you’ve done a great job there! Stick at it and pray for a chinook!

Pete

I'm back! Finally in a place where I can get some more work done to the bike and maybe even ride the damn thing! I ended up picking up rear fender and getting it cut down to go on.

Bike.JPG

Need to keep moving forward on this. I have some holidays right away but should be able to get it running before the snow flies.

image.jpg
image.jpg
It moves! I went hard this week and have a running, moving bike!

Need to finish up some minor wiring and get the forward controls working properly (see my other thread about shifting issues)

I rode it! I am still testing and tuning but hope to have some video of it actually moving this week. I have a big client event out at a private car collection housed at a small airport near by - I want to ride this thing there. I am chasing some things to get it running better.

1. Double Checked Timing
2. Need to check cam chain tension and valve clearances
3. Play with carbs (likely my biggest issue)

It seems to be fairly erratic at low/partial throttle. I am not a carb expert but determined to make this thing work!

Awright, Bezz!!! :rock: Wooohooooo!!! Depending on how far away the car show is : "...don't sweat the petty stuff...just remember to pet the..."
Never mind. You get the idea. The beauty part about these bikes, is, even if it runs like a dog, it'll run (unless you smoke the plugs, or eat a valve :yikes:, or something elsewise nasty). You will definitely make an entrance one way or the other! Best of luck! :bike:

Back