Two Four Build

203C1173-5856-414E-ADE1-1D37B160F909.jpeg

Well that explains the valve train noise and shitty performance- I was able to fish out the retainer nut thankfully.

Getting better - need to play with clutch some more and trim my rear fender so the chain stops rubbing.

These damn clutches!

I had the side covers off again last night to triple check my clutch install. Correct number of plates (both steel and friction), correct size and order of spacers, bearings etc. Removed and reinstalled the clutch worm gear assembly with extra grease.

Classic situation of when cold it works great, then once warm its pulling forward when in gear and at a stop with the clutch in. Struggling to find the sweet spot.

Rerouted the cable to be closer to stock. Maybe the cable is still too long with these bars?

I want to ride this bloody thing to a client event tomorrow morning but I'm not sure it's gonna work that way for me.

Just need to keep fiddling I guess - super frustrating.

Well - spring tuneup and checking happened. Chased down my small fuel leak (bad clamp, hopefully fixed), bled the rear brakes and just did a quick wrap on the exhaust to save burning my leg. Going to take it on some shakedown runs.

Bad news is I had a small brake fluid leak on the triples and tank causing paint issues. Plan is to strip it down and paint/powder after having some fun riding.

This is her for now:

61101359937__EE51D55C-5136-451F-B99B-753009B6D56A.JPG

Nice work there! Now ride the wheels off her!

Back