UK Board Tracker Build Thread

A little more done today. I finished off the rear master cylinder set up. I machined the aluminium spacers and attached the bracket, I'll get some neater button head M6 bolts to finish it off. I also machined an aluminium extension piece and secured it with an M6 bolt to the lever, by way of a 10mm spacer. To stop it rotating in use I pinned it together with x2 4mm pins. I also had to machine an extension to the master cylinder rod, M8 one end and M6 the other, to take the rod end.

I'm quite pleased with the result.

FD9921CE-BFE3-4292-A23D-F99C4BF222B7_zpshjtdzyrf.jpg

6F27683B-6D76-4D3B-A0B2-4A2F254A5E04_zpsarffsxng.jpg

Mmmmmm, nice work but it ain't right mate. In my very humble opinion I think a longer arm with a dog leg in it rather than an extension would do the build justice. It's a bit, dunno, added on looking. And maybe lilt the m/c back a tad so it flows with the frame? Where you putting the reservoir or are you having a Honda racing a likey jobby?
I can't do what you're doing Paul, I'm loving it and waiting every day for updates :)

Hi Yoozy, thanks for the feedback. I must say, I'm not 100% yet on it either. However, it's the best I can come up with so far, I think. I actually think the pics don't do it justice, but I know where you are coming from. I canted the mc back but it needs to be where it is so that the stroke is straight and true. As for the reservoir, it'll be a short 1 1/2" of clear tube, like I've used on my race bikes :)

I kind of see what Yoozy is talking about,but I wouldn't know of a better way of doing what your doing Paul. I think it sticks out because the master is red. With everything on and in it's place I don't think it will be a problem.
Nice work my friend. That bike is the tits man.

Hey John! Yeah the mc is hideous in red, so it'll be getting the good news with the gloss black. Absolutely, I'm struggling to find a better way :) Perhaps, when the exhaust and the rest of the bike is added, it'll blend in better

Adding to Yoozy's point perhaps something like this would work?

full

If you are going to use cap head screws the I would also counter bore the holes as well.

Today I decided to get on with the exhausts. I didn't want to do the standard under slung pipes and quite liked the idea of higher level and somewhat unusual set up. I came to the conclusion, that with the kickstart, the rear master cylinder and the oil dipstick all in the way, going down the right hand side of the bike was a none starter.

So, I thought about routing the pipes down the left hand side. All good but two pipes together was just too big and would definately interfere with the left leg. One worked fine, so I decided to go for a 2 - 1 set up.

I've welded up the front section fully now, ready for dressing. I've left the rear as I'll insert baffles before I finally weld it. Still not 100% on the radius of the final down bend yet either.

F69BE88E-7EB0-41C0-AB70-E8F732B82906_zpsi9l5pad8.jpg

07872461-F388-4593-B50A-5CE56E8DF047_zpsqffyiqnh.jpg

A7539F6B-2F99-4FBF-A1AD-AAF99521D739_zpshfxmjcxl.jpg

BA9C324F-408F-4656-873F-E0498CD292BB_zpsswtnzkmy.jpg

36FA4097-96A7-416B-B6FD-F7B679287BBC_zpskn1zlxrp.jpg

Last edited:
Do you think you'll need some heat shield along the horizontal? You don't want yer strides going up in smoke :)

Very different Paul! I like it!

You will need a heatshield of some form! I thought my wrap would suffice, but after my boot got welded to my trousers:eek::yikes:(plastic tab on the boot melted into the fabric!!) due to my leg touching the exhaust, I added a heatshield to mine!!

Thanks Airwolfie. Yep I've done the clothing welding trick too ;) lol

Thanks Royston. The photos don't really show the join clearly. I do see what you mean though. It's more symmetrical in real life.

Actually the more I look at those photos, they're like an optical illusion :)

Back