Valve stem seals

Crackers61

Crackers61
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Can someone advise if they have had any difficulties getting new valve stem seals in?

I've bought some seals from the UK and have had lots of trouble getting them to fit over the valve guide. I thought that they should simply be a firm fit, going on with a little force.

These seals are so tight you end up bending them out of shape.
The seals are supposed to be a universal fit as well, I'm beginning to think that's not true.

Also the seal around the valve stem is very tight, tighter than i imagined it would be.

Wondering if anyone else had similar trouble?

Crackers61

I put a set on from mikes and had no issue. They basically snap in place once the old ones are out of the way.

Thanks mate,

I'm interested to see if anyone else had the same trouble.

I think these seals i have a the wrong type or a bad batch.

Crackers61

"Universal fit" thats like saying "one size fits all" Not often happens. Get seals made to fit, the cost difference you all ready found out wasn't worth it.
Leo

None of the seals found in pattern full or 'top-end' gaskets sets sold here in the UK seem to fit in my experience..I always end up buying by genuine seals though the ones from Heiden tuning do fit..

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments. Yeah you are correct. Should of got better seals to start with. I think I'll be getting some from Mikes XS.

The seals i bought are from the UK and were fairly cheap. $10 for the seals and $4 postage AUD.

However now they will be going in the trash.

Regards
Crackers

Back