Video Thread

My favorite road trip movie (complete movie). Something very realistic about it that I can't put my finger on...
Two Lane Blacktop..Love that film (James Taylor mumblin' ):)

calling all pilots to WWII http://warthunder.com/
come and try to shoot me down if you can. my game name is the same
Ive been on War Thunder for about 6 months..Not played for a few weeks though(MajorParts, or ~BS~MajorParts in IL-2):thumbsup:

That reminds me of a phillipino fellow I knew long ago. He was describing his childhood morning routine: "I would wake up, get dressed, brush my teeth, put the toothbrush in the roof, put my shoes on, run out....." Whoa, whoa, waitaminit! Toothbrush in the roof?!?!?!??

Turns out, he grew up in a thatch hut, standard practice was to shove your toothbrush handle into the grass roof...

now if this don't make You feel old.
a whole lot of miles, years, tears, and laughs since this first hit the airwaves.
remember TV snow? now it's squares, and freeze ups. nut no snow

Not only snow, but watched it on a 9" round RCA, with the 11 knobs across the bottom, and the 5-minute vacuum-tube warm-up. (Remember the smell of vacuum tube dust?)

yes yes I do.
ah those were the days.
I now remember taking the tubes to the store and
plugging them in the tester, figuring out which one was bad.

now if this don't make You feel old.
a whole lot of miles, years, tears, and laughs since this first hit the airwaves.
remember TV snow? now it's squares, and freeze ups. nut no snow

Did you notice the episode was written by Wm Fawley? I believe he played Fred Mertz, the Ricardo's (Ricky and Lucy) next door neighbor (Fred and Ethyl) on the I Love Lucy show.

I remember getting up at 6:00 am on Saturday morning and waiting for the test pattern to come on at 7 at my grandmother's house. We didn't have a TV. It was 1955.

My grandson doesn't know who John Wayne is.

Oh yeah, the times they are a changin'

Back