Vintage tires

DannyB

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where is the best place to buy the Firestone vintage tires? I've found them on Ebay but seem high priced to me. $170.00 ???

Where is the best place to buy the Firestone vintage tires? I've found them on Ebay but seem high priced to me. $170.00 ???

I haven't found much price variation in most of the popular tires...You thought about Shinkos or Dunlop?

The Firestones don't get much less than that. Check the manufacturing date before you buy. Make sure it's not over 5 years old before you even install it.

Best place is from all the people who bought them and then concluded they're shit. There are plenty of those people out there ;)

Get yourself some Dunlop K70's or Avon SafetyMileage etc.

I dunno about Firestones but mine had Dunlop Gold Seal tires; handles pretty decent for a 31 year old bike. eBay/google the Gold Seals if u want. if the firestones were 170 for a set that is not bad but per is pretty high in general.

actually when i got rid of the gold seal got some irc gs11 aw. it really sticks in the rain, plus got it off some tire site. i was gonna get a tire that had more of a traditional vintage pattern but i figured this would be good for riding on wet roads.

Back