Want to show my latest build

Has it been wet? How will it be affected by the sun? How do you wash it? Do dogs follow you?
I have not had it wet yet but it is sealed and treated with mink oil just like your boots. Do you wear your boots in the rain? As long as i keep it well treated with mink oil the sun will have little affect on it other than the natural darkening like most leathers. The leather will be cleaned just like you clean your leather boots or Jacket saddle soap followed by a mink oil treatment. I did have one large Great Dane at the show come up and sniff at it, told the owner that my bike inst a chew toy. :laugh:

No, I don't wear my good boots in the rain, I wear my $30 suede, Walmart, waterproof, red shoe lace boots in the rain. Are the parts under the leather painted or raw metal/chrome? Either way I don't see them lasting long. I would like to have seen Old Man Honda's face at the sight of your bike. :yikes:

Scott

Everything under the leather is painted. My leather guy said this will last a long time as long as i keep it treated with mink oil. its the same leather used in saddles and gun holsters. Old man Honda never dreamed of a Honda like this. Yea:yikes:

I remember Indian Larry did a similar idea leather wrapped bike. His was more like an armor though. Like others have said, not my thing, but appreciate the work you put in to it.

I dig it. Its certainly an eye-catcher. I think you should easily win 1st at a "custom" bike show.
The next full custom show will be Gettysburg bike week Jully 6th- 9th I've been invited to this show. There are a couple little bike night and local shows untill then. Just going to enjoy riding and showing this bike all summer. Next year hope to have the XS build up and going!

Back