warning paypal currently taking multiple payments

peanut

XS650 enthusiast & inveterate tinkerer
Top Contributor
Reaction score
just posted on ebay about difficulty in paying for some items i bought today.

Paypal are not accepting payments from credit cards and are trying to force ebay buyers to open an ebay account .

Apparently Paypal have been taking up to 10x payments from ebay buyers credit cards although ebay are still claiming that no payment has been received. !

Some people have has $100's taken from their accounts or credit cards by mistake. When they contacted paypal they were told to sort it out directly with the seller and ask for their money back !

...can you believe it !:banghead: f*$&*%g bandits

http://community.ebay.co.uk/topic/Buyer-Central/Paypal-Working/1700114621?start=24&ts=1359507682763#msg18007116095
quote of typical victim
'I bought an item for nearly £200 this morning. It did not go through and so I tried 3 more times. Now paypal have taken £800 for 4 payments and it doesn't even show on my ebay and so cannot get my item! '

Last edited:
Me too. 2-3 times a week and never a problem. Just don't link a bank account, debit card, or use "pay me later" services. I have one card exclusively for online purchasing. No exposure to my primary accounts of any kind.

I've had 6 transactions on paypal and 3 being on ebay in the last two days. No problems for me. I hope everything gets worked out.

Me too. 2-3 times a week and never a problem. Just don't link a bank account, debit card, or use "pay me later" services. I have one card exclusively for online purchasing. No exposure to my primary accounts of any kind.

I figured it from a different route since I HAVE to have direct deposit.
It is tied to that account only. But I regularly empty that account.

I have made about 12 purchased in the last week mostly Ebay and the rest to online shops and have had no issues (so far).

Been using PayPal for several years with only one glitch: a couple of years ago the assholes told me they were going to hold my inbound payments for 21 days due to the nature of what I sold (car and bike parts). I Emailed them calling bullshit, I got a return Email nicely worded which said well that's the way it is. I then just did not use them at all, bought stuff online with my debit card, put in my eBay listings that I would not accept PayPal and that other payment methods would be necessary. Son of a gun, after ~ 2 months I got an Email saying the restriction had been lifted. No problems since then.

Back